nav-home nav_about nav_reviews nav_interviews nav_features nav-contact

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Review: Stargazer by Claudia Gray

Stargazer by Claudia Gray
Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers
Pub. Date: March 2009
Age Range: Young Adult
336pp

The vampire in me was closer to the surface . . .

Evernight Academy: an exclusive boarding school for the most beautiful, dangerous students of all—vampires. Bianca, born to two vampires, has always been told her destiny is to become one of them.

But Bianca fell in love with Lucas—a vampire hunter sworn to destroy her kind. They were torn apart when his true identity was revealed, forcing him to flee the school.

Although they may be separated, Bianca and Lucas will not give each other up. She will risk anything for the chance to see him again, even if it means coming face-to-face with the vampire hunters of Black Cross—or deceiving the powerful vampires of Evernight. Bianca's secrets will force her to live a life of lies.

Yet Bianca isn't the only one keeping secrets. When Evernight is attacked by an evil force that seems to target her, she discovers the truth she thought she knew is only the beginning. . .

Short Review
Let's see where do I begin....I have to give props to Claudia Gray for her second installment in the Evernight Series. If you enjoyed Evernight then you will not be disappointed. I have to say Stargazer was even better than Evernight. The characters are well developed and the plot is outstanding. How can you not root for Bianca and Lucas? They have been through so much and it's only getting tougher with other forces that threaten their relationship. Bianca is still discovering about what it is to be a vampire along with a few surprises in the mix and Lucas is learning to deal with what he's always believed about vampires.

Claudia Gray also explores other characters that we have come to love and she introduces us to new characters in this book and I just have to say I want more Balthazar (Can I just say hot!!). I'm marking my calendar for the third installment Hourglass.

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

30 comments:

  1. This book sounds amazing.
    This is my entry for the contest.

    I follow and I put this in my right sidebar at bookjunkiereviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a sweet read, great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love any vampire book! I'm a follower & I posted on my sidebar http://bridget3420.blogspot.com

    bjhopper(at)me(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love vampire books. Please include me in your giveaway. I am a follower.
    Thanks
    debbie
    debdesk9(at)verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wanting to read this sequel for a WHILE. I really want to know what'll happen next w/ Bianca!!!

    lc_intocable [a]yahoo[d] com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're sharing so many titles that look great!
    quelleheure4[at]gmail{dot}com

    ReplyDelete
  7. We both really enjoyed Evernight! Put us in & we're following!

    Beth & Nathan
    bnbookblog@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the one I want to win! Not that the others weren't REALLY tempting but I've read and own Evernight.

    Ladytink_534(at)yahoo(dot)com

    *Now a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have Evernight, but haven't gotten a chance to read it yet, but the series sounds good! Love a chance to enter! And I'm also following (I feel so stalkerish saying that, lol)

    Amber
    sammyjones57(at)hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds like a series that I need to start - and share with my daughters! Please enter me in the drawing.

    I am also a follower.

    kherbrand at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  11. i'm curious to check out this set of vampires. count me in for the contest.
    vvb32@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've heard a lot of great things about this one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Liked the first book in the series and can't wait to read this one!!

    I follow!
    sara
    sosarora_11 @ hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hm, not in the vampire moment but I am still curious about the series. =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved evernight! So I can't wait until i read stargazer. Vampire books are great! I am follower. Please enter me in the giveaway!

    jenniferduttle@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sounds like a great series!

    marielay@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I absolutely loved Evernight. Please enter me for this in the giveaway. I was glad to see you think it is better than the first. I cant wait to get the chance to read it.

    bacchus76 at myself dot com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love stories set at boarding schools or colleges, especially supernatural stories! This looks like a lot of fun. It's so rare that a sequel is better than the first in a series, so I'm excited to hear that this one exceeds the first.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I agree with Violet. I love books that take place away from home, like boarding schools and whatnot. Vampires are a new favorite of mine as well, so yay!!!

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  21. This books sounds pretty good! I haven't read the 1st book yet but I'd be very motivated to read it if I won. Please enter me for this book. : )

    I follow and I linked this contest on my sidebar:
    http://caprubia.blogspot.com/

    caprubia(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just finished Evernight a few days ago. Can't wait to read this one!

    I've added myself as a follower and am looking forward to reading your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This sounds like an amazing book. Yet another entry to my tbr list!
    Margay

    ReplyDelete
  24. This book sounds right up my alley..please enter me!

    purplg8r@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have Evernight and am DEFINITELY going to read it soon, but I've heard great things about it!

    stephxsu at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I've heard good things about this series. It's totally on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Another good one! And #3 soon to follow! Please include me in the contest.
    - I follow.
    - I've added this to my sidebar.
    http://www.wrightysreads.blogspot.com

    5wrights1[at]verizon[dot]net

    ReplyDelete
  28. I enjoy reading vampire books-sign me up

    tiramisu392 (at) yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I followed and I commented. Sounds like an interesting book.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the vampires man! They were my first love, followed by werewolves (and other were-animals, naturally!). Just about any book with a vampire is bound to be good, take "Dracula" or "The Historian", both vampire(ish, on the 2nd title) books, both wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear from you, I promise I won't bite!