nav-home nav_about nav_reviews nav_interviews nav_features nav-contact

Friday, May 29, 2009

Review: Dayhunter by Jocelynn Drake

Dayhunter by Jocelynn DrakePublisher: HarperCollins Publishers
Pub. Date: April 2009
368pp
A new day dawns blood red

A master of fire, Mira is the last hope for the world. For centuries she has secretly enforced the history-altering edicts of the Triad. Now she and her unlikely ally—the human vampire hunter, Danaus—have come to Venice, home of the nightwalker rulers. But there is no safety in the ancient city, for the threat of conflict is in the wind . . . with unholy alliances and earth-shattering betrayals taking hideous form in the shadows.

Banished for eons beyond the world's boundaries, the malevolent naturi prepare to feed once again upon a vulnerable earth—and treachery is opening wide the portal that will enable their dread re-emergence. The great battle that has always been Mira's destiny is looming, and she must remain powerful in the face of a shocking revelation: that Danaus, the only creature she dares to trust, is something more than the man he claims to be . . .
Dayhunter is the 2nd installment in the Dark Days Series. This is an excellent fast-paced urban fantasy. Once again, Jocelynn continues to amaze me with all the plot twists in this series. Dayhunter has everything you could possibly want in a book. Its action packed (the way I like my books) and full of twists and turns and shocking revelations throughout. This is one of those books that keep you on the edge - I stayed up all night reading this one because I had to know who would come out on top and who would be left in the dust. There are so many unholy alliances in this book that you don’t know who’s backstabbing who.

I love the characters in this series. Mira, the vampire who can control fire is somewhat of an outcast within her own race. She’s strong and unlike any other nightwalker and she wants to rid the earth of the naturi who are the greatest threat to the world. In order to accomplish this she has to trust in an unlikely ally, vampire hunter Danaus. Danaus is not what he seems and as Mira comes to find out his background she has to stand strong in this new revelation for he’s the only one that can help her accomplish her goal in defeating the naturi.

Oh I have to mention there are some “To Die For” men in this book and I mean that literally!

Dawnbreaker is the 3rd book in the Dark Days Series and is scheduled to be released September 29, 2009. If you like dark and edgy fantasy, this is the series for you.

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

31 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great series! I've taken a note of the title, thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was really impressed at how action-packed this book was. I kept waiting for one of those long boring segments but they never happened!

    Looking forward to book 3 myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard about these books before. The covers are pretty cool though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! This sounds really good. I was going to pick up some of her books, and now I regret that I didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the first time I've really heard of this book! Great review though! Thanks for introducing it to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of this series before, I'm really glad I came upon it on your blog! Awesome review by the way

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mira seems like a awesome character.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great review. This seems like the type of book I would like

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Oh I have to mention there are some “To Die For” men in this book and I mean that literally!"

    Ooooh, sounds like my kinda series!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous review~ i 'm so looking forward to reading this book.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Alright...I must read this book. I so love these type of books when they are written well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice review. I haven't read either book, but I really want too b/c it sounds amazing and like something I would enjoy. Also, I live really close to Jocelynn and that's pretty stellar.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh sounds like a very good book/series!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dark and edgy fantasy works for me, 4 out of 5 stars is good enough, and review makes it sound great. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A vampire that can control fire sounds pretty cool, sort of like a mutated x-men vampire. LOL, sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I reeeeally want to read these, they sound so good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like a promising series. A vamp that controls fire? Well, it's got my attention at any rate. I'll have to add this to my ever-growing list of books to watch out for. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Excellent review. I wish I could write a review like that. I always have the tendency to say too much, because there is always so much that I want the person to know without giving away any major details, like a death or betrayal. I might say that happens but not to who. Oh well, I'll keep practicing. Loved the book btw!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've been wanting to read this series. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Want to read even more now! I just bet I'd love this series.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, this series sounds good! A lot of action going on...


    sara

    ReplyDelete
  23. This book sounds like some thing I would totally read!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I should stop looking for books that I want...my wish list is massive! But I can't help it, they all look so fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  25. "To die for"-men are always great, I'll have to check out these books!:D

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great review! And I like the comment about this book keeping you awake with the want to read it. I've had books do that to me also and its the sign of a great book/series.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm not reading much of the review because I still have to read the first book but I'll do my best to remember the review after I read the first book so I can come back and read it all!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow, another great review!

    Such a good Book!

    ReplyDelete
  29. i'm putting this book on my reading list :P
    i love vampires
    great review 2

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear from you, I promise I won't bite!