nav-home nav_about nav_reviews nav_interviews nav_features nav-contact

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday: Catching Fire

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
Publisher: Scholastic, Inc.
Pub. Date: September 01, 2009
Age Range: 12 and up
400pp
Series: Hunger Games Series, #2

Synopsis
Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has won the annual Hunger Games with fellow district tribute Peeta Mellark. But it was a victory won by defiance of the Capitol and their harsh rules. Katniss and Peeta should be happy. After all, they have just won for themselves and their families a life of safety and plenty. But there are rumors of rebellion among the subjects, and Katniss and Peeta, to their horror, are the faces of that rebellion. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge.

Only 4 more months left (Geesh!) until the sequel to The Hunger Games is released. My friend and I read our copies of The Hunger Games together and when I finished it, my friend was like “Tina pick your mouth up off the floor!” I’m going to do my happy dance when I get my hands on this book. (It looks like a crazy rendition of the Carlton Dance.)

6 comments:

  1. I can't wait for this book either! I need to know what will happen to Katniss and Peeta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously can't wait for this book to come out; they left the debut book on such a cliffhanger! Check out my blog, I put up an award for you!

    Lili
    ChicaReader

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm literally counting down the days 'til this is released. I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought you had an ARC for this at first and I nearly screamed. Ha. I'm dying to read it too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i can't wait for this one either. I read The Hunger Games when it first came out before it was such a big deal. I really liked it and was hoping the sequel would be coming out sooner. The wait has been painful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait for this to come out! I loved The Hunger Games and as I was reading I didn't realize it was going to be a series so I was so bummed to be left hanging at the end of the book.

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear from you, I promise I won't bite!