nav-home nav_about nav_reviews nav_interviews nav_features nav-contact

Monday, June 29, 2009

Monday Madness (5):The Stolen One by Suzanne Crowley & Prey by Rachel Vincent

What is Monday Madness?
Well, it’s sort of like Waiting on Wednesday, except I will be featuring a book that will be released during the same week. So, I have some great books that I will be featuring along with Interviews from Authors, Book reviews and Contests for the books.

Stay tuned for more!

The Stolen One by Suzanne Crowley
Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers
Pub. Date: June 30, 2009
Age Range: 12 and up
416pp

Synopsis (From Suzanne Crowley’s website)
I know what I saw that day in Humblebee Wood, aye, I do, and it was no dream. There was a fog that morning - devil's cover they call it, for you never know what lies beneath. I was running to meet Christian when I tripped and fell over a root, ripping my only dress. I was looking at the tear, deciding on what stitch I'd use to hide it from Grace, when I saw her. A ghost, dressed regally in red, floating through the swirling fog. She looked at me, she looked right through me, her eyes piercing and sad. She wore a crown. I will never forget her.

Kat's true identity is a secret, even from her. All she has ever known are Grace and Anna and their small village. Kat wants more - more than hours spent embroidering finery for wealthy ladies and more than Christian, the gentle young farmer courting her.
But there are wolves outside, Grace warns Waiting, with their eyes glowing in the dark . . . and Grace has given Kat safety and a home when no one else would.

Then a stranger appears in their cottage, bringing the mystery of Kat's birth with her. In one night, Kat's destiny finds her: She will leave. She will journey to London, and her skill with the needle will attract the notice of the magnificant Queen Elizabeth - and of the wolves of the court. She will discover what Grace would never tell her. Everything will unravel.

The Stolen One Book Trailer




Prey by Rachel Vincent
Publisher: Mira
Pub. Date: July 2009
400pp

*Spoilers* Do not read Synopsis if you have not read the 1st 3 books in the series

Synopsis
Sometimes playing cat and mouse is no game…

Play? Right. My Pride is under fire from all sides, my father's authority is in question and my lover is in exile. Which means I haven't laid eyes on Marc's gorgeous face in months. And with a new mother and an I-know-everything teenager under my protection, I don't exactly have time to fantasize about ever seeing him again.

Then our long-awaited reunion is ruined by a vicious ambush by strays. Now our group is under attack, Marc is missing and I will need every bit of skill and smarts to keep my family from being torn apart. Forever.


Prey Book Trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you, I promise I won't bite!