nav-home nav_about nav_reviews nav_interviews nav_features nav-contact

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Review: Coffeehouse Angel by Suzanne Selfors

Coffeehouse Angel by Suzanne Selfors
Publisher: Walker & Company
Pub. Date: July 21, 2009
Age Range: Young Adult 288pp

From the author of Saving Juliet comes a romantic comedy that is good to the last drop.

When Katrina spots a homeless guy sleeping in the alley behind her grandmother’s coffee shop, she decides to leave him a cup of coffee, a bag of chocolate-covered coffee beans, and some pastries to tide him over. Little does she know that this random act of kindness is about to turn her life upside down. Because this adorable vagrant, Malcolm, is really a guardian angel on a break between missions. And he won’t leave until he can reward Katrina’sselflessness by fulfilling her deepest desire. Now if only she could decide what that might be .
Who knew performing an act of good deed to help a homeless man could grant your heart’s desires…

Fortunately for Katrina, Malcolm is not what he seems. He’s a messenger on an important mission to deliver a message and he’s determined to reward Katrina for her selfless act.

Katrina is surrounded by her best friends Vincent and Elizabeth, who are quite talented and have their life after high school mapped out whereas Katrina doesn’t know exactly what she’s good at, so she’s content working at her Grandma Anna’s coffeeshop until things start to go awry.

After failed attempts of her first two wishes, Katrina’s life has been turned upside down. She’s dealing with crisis after crisis. Fortunately she has one more chance to get her life back on track.

When Katrina finally realizes that Malcolm is a real life angel, she also finds herself falling for him…

Will she have everything she’s ever dreamed of or will she be left to pick up the crumbling pieces of her life….

Coffeehouse was well written and kept my attention throughout. I love the plot and Selfors created a realistic world where the characters are relatable dealing with daily decisions about life choices and living life to the fullest. The secondary characters are some of my favorites especially Lars Larsen, who brought a lot of humor to this book. Coffeehouse Angel is a light and humorous read that will have readers laughing and rooting for Katrina every step of the way.

This is a great read and I had a hard time putting this book down. I will definitely be reading more of Selfors’s books.

Rating: 4 out of 5 Stars

27 comments:

  1. This looks like a cute book and I'm loving the name Lars Larsen. The cover is also rather pretty.

    Seahn

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book looks really cute. Sounds like a fun read. I'm definitely going to check it out sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got this today. Looking forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yayy! I can't wait to read this book :D

    -Briana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anything to do with coffee = +10 points. Also, angels are hot. Will look forward to reading this book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen this book a few different places and can't wait to read it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard good things about this book. I haven't read anything like this before, but it looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. a possible romance between an angel and a human,
    I like it!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really really really want to read this book! Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice review! By the way, I nominated you for the hearthfelt award!

    http://bookingthrough365.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. This book in on my wishlist - thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, this book sounds sooo good! I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great review! I love well written books, so I'll definitely add this to my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have heard great things about this book!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds really good. I'll be adding this to my TBR pile!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven’t read a book from this author before, but this book sounds good. I always love a good read, and judging from your review, this seems like one I will like. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sounds like such a hopeful book and I certainly could use that right about now -- I'm going to have to look up this author!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Shawna Lewis
    weloveourdogs@juno.com

    Just your opening line made me want to go out and get this book thanks so much for the review!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks so good. I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. blair lewis
    blairwlewis@gmaiol.com

    nice review it kept my attention and made me want to buy the book thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The cover is amazing! I also love the review. ^.^ I would love to win this book.

    candace davis
    candace.davis@stu.mccracken.kyschools.us

    ReplyDelete
  22. This book sounds great! I love when authors make the characters realistic :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really want to read this book! Love your review! The cover seems cool too! :)

    bookreviewsya@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've heard really great things about this book, and it's been featured on a number of different blogs. I definitely need to read this, and it seems really unique!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This books sounds like a fun, light read. 4of 5 stars is pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh I love when secondary characters are loveable, they are usually the ones I remember the most! :)

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear from you, I promise I won't bite!