nav-home nav_about nav_reviews nav_interviews nav_features nav-contact

Friday, July 3, 2009

Review: Prey by Rachel Vincent

Prey by Rachel Vincent
Publisher: Mira
Pub. Date: July 2009
400pp

Faythe Sanders can’t catch a break if her own life depended on it. With betrayal and danger around every turn, it’s no wonder she wants to change rules dealing with the daily politics plaguing the Pride. Her father is being challenged for his council seat by a power hungry leader of an opposing Pride and on top of that her boyfriend Marc has gone missing.

During Faythe’s search for Marc, she discovers potential evidence that could finally put to rest the allegations and accusations of her father’s leadership. But despite Faythe’s comfort, this evidence also has the potential to cause more unwanted problems outside of the Pride.

Faythe soon realizes that her world will never be the same and it’s going to take every bit of strength she has to survive the upcoming storm….

Rachel has done it again, and it is no surprise to me that Prey was brilliantly written. Rachel draws you into her world and makes you care about the wellbeing of each of the characters in her novels. Faythe is a badass heroine and you can’t help but to root for her. There are surprising and heart wrenching twists and turns throughout this book. I can honestly say I never saw it coming….”Don’t worry, my lips are sealed.” Prey is action packed and I found myself on the edge of my seat silently hoping this story would not end and just when you think it’s over, Rachel throws another curve ball. I can’t get enough of this series!

Long after I finished reading Prey, it kept creeping back in my head as I wondered about the turn of events in Faythe’s life and how she will fare in the future. I don’t know what I’m going to do until Shift the next book in this series comes out.

I only have one question Rachel, WHY? I’ll leave you with that, you will have to go pick up the book to find out.

Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars

37 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you're talking about and asked myself the same question! Still loved the book and cannot wait until SHIFT!!! Counting the days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great review. I have been wanting to start this series and now I have to so I can read this book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice review! I've never read any of these books but I think I'll have to start. I'm not usually a series reader, with a few exceptions, but this sounds really good. And I love the covers too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Review! As said on your interview with Rachel, I've never read any of her books, but I think I'm going to start soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a book for me to read! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome review! I've been wanting to read these books for awhile. If anything, you've increased my interested immensely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like it's a really good series. I want to read them now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh I wonder what you and Jess were talking about when you said "Why?" I want to know! Better get to work reading them. You make them sound amazing! Great review

    ReplyDelete
  9. With that many stars it has to be a good read!

    Cheers,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow sounds intense! Im going to definitely have to read this series =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great review it sounds really action packed. Can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad to hear it's another winner. This is one of my favorite series and I can't wait to read Prey.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This book sounds really good. I think i am going to read the other books in her series now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's such a creative series. I love her take on the heroine's name Faythe. That alone lets you see just how creative the author is. (Hugs)Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mary D
    zenrei57 (at) hotmail (dot) com

    As mentioned, I cannot wait to get a hold of the book PREY!! Faythe is just the kind of character that I love to relate to! Excellent review btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice review! I look forward to reading this series!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Five stars! From what I have been seeing around the net, this series is very highly praised and well received.

    Valorie
    morbidromantic@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've heard a lot about this series, but I haven't had the chance to check it out yet...but I'll definitely will!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great review! I've heard so much about this book & really want to read it.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I haven't read this series, but now I'm interested!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a Great Review. I can't wait to read this series. This review helped me know a bit of the story without giving away to many details. I want to know what storm was coming and how she was going to fight against it.

    Also I am a follower and the posted on the authors interview (also great).

    ReplyDelete
  22. You do beautiful reviews! So many have said this is the best book of them all so far! Sounds like leaving us in more suspense. I haven't read this series yet but keeping hearing more great things on them!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great review! I found the first book on B&N, but couldn't find it and didn't have time to order it~ Looks great~

    ReplyDelete
  24. I wanna read this series so bad!

    Great review(:

    -Lexi
    www.anotherpageisused.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great review. I really enjoyed Prey as well.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great reveiw! I am going to have to read this book, but I think I should find the others so I know what is going on.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  27. I can't wait to jump in this series. It sounds so great.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Okay, you have really got me curious about these books! I've been wanting to read them for a while but they might be moving up the list now!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oooh, I can't wait to read this...I actually have some of the others but I've only read the first but i loved it so much that I gave it to my friend for a present :D

    ReplyDelete
  30. I haven't read these yet, but from your review it looks like this is gonna be a great series.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I absolutely have to read this series! Really great review!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow, awesome review! It really made me want to read this and of course the other books in the series!

    I really need to just go to the book store and buy them already!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks for providing such a great review -- I'm quite intrigued now!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I couldn't agree more with your review!

    ReplyDelete
  35. This book sounds fantastic! I really want to read the series now.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Sounds like an interesting series. I will have to add them to my to be read pile.

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear from you, I promise I won't bite!