nav-home nav_about nav_reviews nav_interviews nav_features nav-contact

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Review: Betrayals by Lili St. Crow

Betrayals by Lili St. Crow
Pub. Date: November 17, 2009
Publisher: Penguin Group (USA)
Format: Paperback, 304pp
Age Range: Young Adult

She's no angel . . .

Poor Dru Anderson. Her parents are long gone, her best friend is a werewolf, and she's just learned that the blood flowing through her veins isn't entirely human. (So what else is new?)

Now Dru is stuck at a secret New England Schola for other teens like her, and there's a big problem— she's the only girl in the place. A school full of cute boys wouldn't be so bad, but Dru's killer instinct says that one of them wants her dead. And with all eyes on her, discovering a traitor within the Order could mean a lot more than social suicide. . .

Can Dru survive long enough to find out who has betrayed her trust—and maybe even her heart?
Betrayals picks up where Strange Angels left off with Dru and Graves arriving at a secret Schola – a school where Dru’s suppose to train and find out who set her up to die at Sergej’s hands. It’s never nice being the new kid at school or should I say the only girl amongst a bunch of boys who are dhampir or wulfen. When Dru finally starts to fit in, that’s when things get very interesting. You never know what’s lurking in the shadows or in Dru’s case, which friend or foe is waiting to get her out of the picture for good.

St. Crow did a wonderful job with Betrayals. She continues to impress me with her writing and the world that’s she’s created in Strange Angels. I love that Dru is a strong heroine and wants to be treated like the boys even though she’s special and supposed to be protected from all threats. I was happy to see a different side of Graves in this book. He’s still a sweetheart yet a fearsome one that any girl would be proud to have as a protector. I’m ecstatic that I got to know more about Christophe. We saw little of him in Strange Angels but I’ve found myself crushing on him in BetrayalsYum apple pie! St. Crow did a brilliant job with creating the characters in the Strange Angels’ World and I can’t get enough of them.

I loved Strange Angels and I couldn’t wait to see if Betrayals would surpass my expectations after the heart-stopping events in Strange Angels. Well, I’ll just say Lili pulled out all the stops in Betrayals. There were some unexpected twists and turns that had me on the edge of my seat and I swear you could have dropped a dime in my mouth because it was on the floor. Betrayals is a jaw dropping action packed experience that will have you begging for more or jumping at unexpected sounds thinking there actually are things that go bump in the night…

I can’t wait to see what happens in the next installment!

Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars

32 comments:

  1. I started this last night! I missed Dru so much! :) I can't wait to read more today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG OMG I'm so excited!!!
    I HAVE to buy this book NOW
    I'm SO looking forward to it.
    I knew it would be more about Christophe!!!
    I was very fearful because of the title, but if you say you have a crush on him... then he can't be that bad, right? Right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Re: ilonga - Ha! I LOVE bad boys - that's all I'm saying...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great isn't it - can't wait until the next one:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm itching to read this! Betrayals sounds excellent, and I apsolutely loved Strange Angels!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just bought this yesterday and now I feel like I want to put down my current read and jump right into this! Great review!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wawit to read this.great review

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice review! I'm so excited for this one and can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your review. I'm about 30% done this book and I don't want it to end. I thought Strange Angels was fantastic, but this book really blows me away! :) So glad you enjoyed it!! We must discuss!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great review, sounds like it will be a good read. I still have the first book in my reading pile but I should try and read it soon because this book #2 sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great review. I love that it has unexpected twists and edge of your seat action. I can't wait to read this!

    Elie (Ellz Readz)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I must say I really liked Graves in Strange Angels, so I'm looking forward to seeing more of him! :)

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great review, I can't wait to read Betrayals.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So anxious to read, this and your not helping me with an awesome review like this.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really want to read this now... My library sucks now :( Lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. I cannot wait to read this!!! Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad to see you liked it so much. I am heading to the bookstore after work today to pick up my copy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haven't read either book yet, but this makes me want to put them into my TBR list.

    Thanks for hosting this giveaway.
    jake.lsewhere[at]gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great review! I can't wait to read this book!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great review--I still need to read Strange Angels!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I bumped strange angel up a few books on my tbr pile so I can get to book 2 quicker! I sounds so awesome. I'm getting so jealous at ppl for reading it before me! Silly I know.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I need to read STRANGE ANGELS! I've had a copy since it came out and now that BETRAYALS is out, and you gave it such a great review, I have to hurry up and read it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great review. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful review!

    I just read Strange Angels and can not wait to sink my teeth into this one!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This looks so good. I really wish I have read Strange Angels.
    thanks for the great review.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I haven't read Strange Angels yet but I've heard nothing but good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I really didn't think I would like Strange Angels but I ended up really enjoying it. Now I'm about to die to read Betrayals. I miss Graves! I'm glad to hear I'm going to get to see a fiercer side of him in this one. Great Review! :D

    ~Briana

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow...sounds good
    thanks for recommending it

    ReplyDelete
  29. I totally love this book, there amazing and i cant wait for the next one.. i also found myself crushing on christophe... but i like graves ALOT.. so i'm on the fence, i dont no which one i want her to date! :P this is a great book with amazing people and a heart-stoppintg storyline.. loved it

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear from you, I promise I won't bite!