nav-home nav_about nav_reviews nav_interviews nav_features nav-contact

Friday, December 18, 2009

Fallen by Lauren Kate

Fallen by Lauren Kate
Pub. Date: December 2009
Publisher: Random House Children's Books
Format: Hardcover, 464pp
Age Range: Young Adult

There's something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.

Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price's attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He's the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.

Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce--and goes out of his way to make that very clear--she can't let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.

Dangerously exciting and darkly romantic, Fallen is a page turning thriller and the ultimate love story.

Lauren Kate’s Fallen is a compellingly dark and sexy page turner. I was thoroughly entertained by the setting and characters that Lauren created in Fallen. If you go by the synopsis, readers wouldn’t know that there’s a love triangle in this book. I for one loved that there were two guys (sort of ) vying for Luce’s attentions.

LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLEEEEE!

In the right corner, we have Daniel – he’s mysterious, gorgeous with gray violet eyes, a rockin bod and mysteriously alluring. You know what they say, you’re attracted to the unattainable.

In the left corner, we have Cam – he’s charismatic plus he’s also tall, dark and sexy with these alluring green eyes.

Honestly, I found myself more drawn to Cam but at the same time I couldn’t help but wonder what was going on inside Daniel’s head. So, who wins round 1? I say it’s a draw – It’s rare in a love triangle that I don’t have a favorite but with Fallen, I’m intrigued by both Daniel and Cam. I guess I’ll have to wait and see what happens in round 2.

There were other interesting and exciting characters in this book that I enjoyed getting to know. I thought the secondary characters were well rounded and each character had important rolls centered around Luce in a major way. While I had no problems figuring out one angle in the story, Kate managed to keep me in the dark on a few others which I didn’t see coming. I loved the mystery behind Daniel and Luce’s relationship and the forbidden love twist kept me on edge while trying to figure out if love would prevail.

I know I can’t wait to see what Torment, the next book in the Fallen Series has in store for us. With the way certain events panned out in Fallen, I’m curious know more about the past events that happened in these characters lives.

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

13 comments:

  1. Nice review. I'm really curious about this book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are one of the few that gives this one a high rating. Thanks for your review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely adore this book. I gave it five stars. I guess what woks for one person won't work for another. Love the way, you did whole boxing ring thing. Very apt. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review.I'm hoping ot get this for xmas

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am reading this right now! I am glad you liked it, I am really digging it so far!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review!

    This has been on my TBR list for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The positive review of Fallen have been looking for, thanks for that and the heads up on the next books name that she has planned to follow up on the characters and events in the series...


    Jackie B Central; Texas

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good review! As some of the others mentioned, I think it's really helpful to see a positive review, especially after I checked out some not-so-positive ones. I like to find someone who has an opposite reaction and see a well-thought-out treatment of the whys and wherefores. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting... I, too, have read conflicting reviews on this, which only makes me realize I need to just read the book myself and form an opinion! Thanks for reviewing it and saying why you liked it. I tend to like love triangles, too, but had no idea that was in this particular book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought Lauren Kate did a amazing job with the emotions in Fallen. I mean even though Daniel was unattainable and you wanted him *protagonist wanted him*, you also hated him. Or maybe that just me', but I really was bugged when he brushed her off and stuff. And then there' Cam who I was rooting for, until the end. Then the ending left me a bit confused. I can't wait to see Torment.
    Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh i LOVED this one!! My friend just borrowed me Torment!! I'm so excited to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this book was absolutely amazing I'm 13 years of age and I absolutely fell in love with it the moment I read the first page. This series is going to overtake the twilight series for sure. I never knew such happiness from a book before in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think the only reason this book is even selling is because of the mixed reviews its been getting. In my honest opinion it lacked the character build up needed to get hooked to a book series. Also, the book has long, boring and prolonged parts. Even the fight scene which would have been good was not described to a detail. what Lauren Kate did was a total failure on character build up. The book lacked a heart. This is just twilight with fallen angels.

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear from you, I promise I won't bite!