nav-home nav_about nav_reviews nav_interviews nav_features nav-contact

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Sensational 7 Q & A with Alexandra Bracken!


Have you ever wanted to know what it would be like to hang out with your favorite author(s)? In an attempt to get a better understanding of authors, my Sensational Seven Q & A takes a closer or more personal look at these authors to give you a glimpse of the personalities behind the writing of your favorite books.

“Talent alone cannot make a writer. There must be a man behind the book; a personality which, by birth and quality, is pledged to the doctrines there set forth, and which exists to see and state things so, and not otherwise.” By Ralph Waldo Emerson


Alexandra Bracken wrote BRIGHTLY WOVEN as a birthday present for a friend, and the story grew and flourished during a year of unpredictable, wild weather. A native of Arizona, she is a recent graduate of the College of William and Mary, where she majored in History and English. She now lives in New York City. BRIGHTLY WOVEN is in stores today!

If you were given a chance to travel back in time, what year or place would you go / Why?
If you had asked me this five years ago, I would have said Revolutionary War-era Virginia... but seeing that I spent the last four years living in Colonial Williamsburg, I'm going to have to go with... ancient Athens! I would really love to see Athens at the height of its power and prominence. It's kind of a dork answer, but I'm part Greek and have been obsessed with mythology since I was but a wee little girl. That said, I wouldn't want to LIVE in ancient Athens...

Describe your novel in seven words or less?
A terrible curse, a great love story? Oh, that's no good. How about:Wizards, curses, romance, adventure, war, wild weather :)

Please share with us about your favorite book and fictional crush to date?
Hah! These answers totally change depending on my mood and the day of the week. :) But I'm going to go with MATILDA by Roald Dahl and...
Ron Weasley. What can I say? I'm a total sucker for gingers.

If you could be any character in fiction, whom would you be / Why? Obviously Hermione Granger, so I could make out with the aforementioned ginger wizard! (And also because she is far, far more brilliant, fearless and witty than I'll ever be!

If Hollywood made a movie about your life, whom would you like to see play the lead role as you / Why? Anne Hathaway. Mostly because I think she's the only actress out there as pale as I am, and I totally covet her shiny princess hair.

If someone wrote a biography about you, what do you think the title should be – please explain?

THE COLLECTOR'S DAUGHTER, mostly because my childhood was so bizarre and wonderful. My dad is what you might call a Big Time Star Wars collector... so I spent a lot of time at antique shows and in toy stores.

How would you describe yourself/life in seven words?
Girl with her head in the clouds.

Thanks Alexandra for stopping by!

For more information about Alexandra Bracken and her books, please visit her website here.

24 comments:

  1. I love Anne Hathaway too! I want to read this book so bad...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl with her head in the clouds, great to meet you.

    Sincerely,

    Girl who views the world through rose colored glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic interview! I love the questions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THE COLLECTOR'S DAUGHTER LOL I love antique shops great interview

    Denise

    s

    ReplyDelete
  5. She seems like such an awesome girl! I cannot wait to read Brightly Woven!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who wouldn't want to be Hermione Granger? lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great interview! I love getting to know the authors a little better!

    Yes, Hermione, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heh, yeah, being Hermoine wouldn't be bad at all... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would totally be Hermoine! LOL. Ron Ron! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. This interview was fun. I loved the questions, they let us peek into Bracken's personality. And I must say yes! to both Ancient Greece & Anne Hathaway. Ancient Greece would be fascinating (as long as I got to come back home, lol) and Hathaway typically plays such sweet-I-can-totally-cheer-for-her roles. : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great interview, Alexandra seems so nice. This has made me want to read Brightly Woven even more!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anne Hathaway is a great choice to portray you :) Great interview!

    ReplyDelete
  13. this sounds awesome! deff something i want to read

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'd love to be Hermione too. Can't wait to read your book. I've been hearing so much good about it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This book sounds great! You asked some really good questions.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How cool that you went to William & Mary. My whole extended family lives in Williamsburg so I have grown up walking around the campus. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh man I totally have a girl crush on Anne Hathaway! So I agree with ya!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love her fictional crush! :) And I'd want to be Hermione but for completely different reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ancient Athens is one I hadn't considered. Sounds pretty good to me! (But I wouldn't want to live there either.)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great entertaining interview! It seemed like personality really shined through!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I loved these questions! It's always fun learning more about an author. :)

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear from you, I promise I won't bite!