nav-home nav_about nav_reviews nav_interviews nav_features nav-contact

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Review: 13 to LIfe: A Werewolf's Tale by Shannon Delany

13 TO LIFE: A WEREWOLF'S TALE by Shannon Delany
Pub. Date: June 22, 2010
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Format: Paperback, 320pp
Age Range: Young Adult

Jessica's life seemed difficult enough since the sudden loss of her mother, but meeting Pietr Rusakova turns her world upside down again. The newest member of Junction High, Pietr is a first generation Russian-American, a fact that by itself makes him different enough to get lots of attention in the small town. But Pietr is far more than good looks and an interesting accent, Pietr has secrets to hide-secrets including dramatic changes he's undergoing that will surely end his life early. Secrets dating back to the Cold War get the better of Jessica's curiosity, leading her into an exciting and dangerous world where her understanding of reality and what makes a man or a monster will be challenged.

Jessie’s had more than her fair share of life altering experiences, but she never expected that her life would once again, spiral out control by the mysteries surrounding the gorgeous new guy. Jessie’s not one to leave skeletons in the closet – being a reporter for her high school paper and all. Nothing ever happens in her small town of Junction and with Pietr coming from a place connected to a gruesome attack, the wheels start to turn. I couldn’t wait to connect the dots right alongside Jessie.

Jessie is a refreshing character in the fact that she did not immediately go all goo-goo eyes over the new boy. Their rocky start made me enjoy their blossoming romance even more. Jessie’s and Pietr’s easy banter reeled me into their world from start to finish. Their connection to each other was deliciously enticing and eerie to explore.

13 TO LIFE delivers on all that I enjoy about this genre - a dangerous secret, suspenseful intrigue, and a magnetic romance. Connect these themes to Shannon’s easy writing style and great storytelling and now you have an irresistible werewolf tale. I’ll be eagerly looking out for Shannon’s next installment in this series.

Rating: 4 out of 5 Stars

28 comments:

  1. I picked up this book recently. I haven't read it yet, but now I can't wait. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finished my copy the other day and LOVED it!! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great review, I loved this one, I cant WAIT for the story to continue!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a book with a developing, challenging romance. Thanks for the review. I've seen this around and wanted to know more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew by yesterday`s post I was eager to read this, your fantastic review just put it in concrete.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My feelings exactly, I really enjoyed this book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one sounds good. Nice review.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good review. I love secrets and mysteries too. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to get my hands on a copy of 13 to life :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i've really been wanting to read and review this one cant wait to get my hands on a copy :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great review, I've been hearing good things about this book!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I read a preview of this one weeks ago, but then it flitted out of my mind. Your review has renewed my interest.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great review. This sounds like an interesting book, I'll have to add it to my wish list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I enjoyed the review, and the chance to learn more about this book.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like that we have something diffrent from the norm with the girl that doesn't go all gooey eyes at the drop of a hat.

    ReplyDelete
  16. great review now i want to read this even more

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great review and it sounmds good. I like the fact tat Jesse didnt fall for Pietr right away.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the sound of "a dangerous secret, suspenseful intrigue, and a magnetic romance"! I'm going to get this book ASAP! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  19. great review this sounds like such a good book i really want to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This sounds so good! I can't wait to read it! I love werewolves!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome review ! I guess it's really good since you gave it 4 stars !

    ~Alison

    ReplyDelete
  22. great review I can't wait to read this book looked for it yesterday could not find it. I heard so much about it can't wait to get my hands on it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you for a great review! I've wanted to read this for a while, because the cover is lovely. Your review definitely cinched it for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. great review! been wanting to read this book

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for the great review. I can'r wait to read this one, but my bookstore doesn't carry it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow thanks for the great review! Now I want to read this book really badly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm excited to read this one. Sounds like it's the start to a great new werewolf series. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sounds great. 4 out of 5 stars makes me want to read it!

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear from you, I promise I won't bite!