nav-home nav_about nav_reviews nav_interviews nav_features nav-contact

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Sensational 7 Q & A with Anastasia Hopcus!


Have you ever wanted to know what it would be like to hang out with your favorite author(s)? In an attempt to get a better understanding of authors, my Sensational Seven Q & A takes a closer or more personal look at these authors to give you a glimpse of the personalities behind the writing of your favorite books.

“Talent alone cannot make a writer. There must be a man behind the book; a personality which, by birth and quality, is pledged to the doctrines there set forth, and which exists to see and state things so, and not otherwise.” By Ralph Waldo Emerson


Anastasia Hopcus wrote her first book in the 2nd grade. It was entitled Frederick the Friendly French Ferret and was seven pages long. During high school she wrote numerous short stories and started (but never finished) three screenplays, all as an alternative to doing actual school work. At the very wise age of twelve her career ambition was to drive a Mack truck, but when that didn't pan out, she tried acting, bartending, and being a receptionist in a dojo before finally returning to writing. Anastasia loves horror movies, Joss Whedon, obsessing over music, and British accents. She lives in Austin, Texas and SHADOW HILLS is her debut novel and it's in stores today!


If you were given a chance to travel back in time, what year or place would you go / Why?
If it was just a week long visit, I'd have to say Lake Geneva in the summer of 1816 so I could hang out with Mary Shelley, her husband and friends when she came up with Frankenstein. If I had to stay there for an extended period of time, I'd have to choose sometime in the twentieth century. I'm a big fan of indoor plumbing.

Describe your novel in seven words or less?
There are many secrets in Shadow Hills.

Please share with us about your favorite book and fictional crush to date?
I adored the novel Beautiful Creatures, and though I'm trying to resist because I have revisions to do, I can't keep away from my ARC of Beautiful Darkness. And I have to say that my ultimate literary crush would be Linc from said series.

If you could be any character in fiction, whom would you be / Why?
Isabelle Lightwood from the Mortal Instruments. She's kick-ass, funny, and loves clothes.

If Hollywood made a movie about your life, whom would you like to see play the lead role as you/ Why?
I'd probably go with Rachel Bilson though our coloring is different and she's a teensy bit older than me. I really like her open, fun kind of personality, and she has a really cute fashion sense.

If someone wrote a biography about you, what do you think the title should be – please explain?
Out of Step because I always seem to zig when others zag.

How would you describe yourself/life in seven words?
Give me sadness, joy, but not boredom.


Bonus:

**Is there any additional info you would like to share with your readers about what’s next for you and your books?**
I'm working on the follow-up to Phe and Zach's story. I see a lot of potential for further developing the world of Shadow Hills. I also have a few more projects in the works. One of them is a historical paranormal, which will be a new challenge for me, and I'm really excited about that.


Thanks for stopping by Anastasia!

For more information about Anastasia Hopcus and her books, please visit her website here.

28 comments:

  1. Fantastic Q&A!

    I wonder how this story came to you, what you were doing/thinking?

    Fantastic author photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview! I think its an interesting topic for a story and the book sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview. Your book sounds great. I loved Beautiful Creatures too and can't wait to read the next book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it when authors share their ideal casts with the readers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i loved Beautiful Creatures! It's really cool to see what your author's favorite book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great interview! I think it's interesting to pick one moment in time to go back to. That's a really thought provoking thing for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great interview!I love Beautiful Creatures too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great interview! & I love Rachel Bilson <3 She was amazing on The O.C!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome interview. She seems so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great interview. First book at grade 2? That's so impressive. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice interview, can't wait to pick this one up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great interview! I am really diggin the title of the book you wrote in second grade. Nice alliteration :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love good interviews ith authors!! This is definitely one of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Rachel Bilson, and I agree boredom is the worst

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great interveiw! I have Shadow Hills on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great interview. Thanks for taking the time!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hanging out with Mary Shelley and that whole group would be really cool/interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  18. One of the greatest interviews ever! This was fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Want a great interview I have heard great things about the book.I never read Beautiful Creatures but everyone keeps talking about it I do have it on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would love to read Fredrick the Friendly French Ferret! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for the interview. I'm glad to hear there will be a sequel.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I haven't read Beautiful Creatures yet but I really want to.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hmmm... I wonder, do you have any experience in marching band or is it just a coincidence that you live in Texas and chose the title Out of Step?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great interview! Can't wait to read this book! :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. I can't believe she wrote her first book in the second grade

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great interview! Love the part about zigging and zagging! I miss The OC and Rachel Bilson.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great interview! I love her unique her responses were. I also love how she described life in seven words. The book she wrote in 2nd grade sounds like it's made of win. <3

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is a great interview! I love how unique and different her answers were. I think it's crazy how she's been writing since the 2nd grade! I cannot WAIT to read Shadow Hills!!

    I LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog :)

    -Kaylee.

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear from you, I promise I won't bite!