nav-home nav_about nav_reviews nav_interviews nav_features nav-contact

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Sensational 7 Q & A with Jennifer Echols!


Have you ever wanted to know what it would be like to hang out with your favorite author(s)? In an attempt to get a better understanding of authors, my Sensational Seven Q & A takes a closer or more personal look at these authors to give you a glimpse of the personalities behind the writing of your favorite books.

“Talent alone cannot make a writer. There must be a man behind the book; a personality which, by birth and quality, is pledged to the doctrines there set forth, and which exists to see and state things so, and not otherwise.” By Ralph Waldo Emerson



Jennifer Echols is the author of several Romantic Comedies, as well as many other young adult novels. She currently lives in Birmingham. Visit her on the web at http://www.jenniferechols.com/

FORGET YOU is in a store near you!

If you were given a chance to travel back in time, what year or place would you go / Why?
I would not travel back in time. I am sorry to sound uncreative about this but I am very partial to electricity and running water. (Perhaps you can tell I went camping recently.)

Describe your novel in seven words or less?
Does Zoey love Doug? She can’t remember

Please share with us about your favorite book and fictional crush to date?
I have a longstanding crush on Jennifer Crusie, who writes romantic comedies for adults. My favorite of her books is Tell Me Lies, but I’ve only read perhaps eight of them. I’m thrilled that I have lots left to go!

If you could be any character in fiction, whom would you be / Why?
Wouldn’t any woman love to be Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice? Oh, to spend my days wondering whether Mr. Darcy was crushing on me. Ahhh….

If Hollywood made a movie about your life, whom would you like to see play the lead role as you/ Why?
Janeane Garofalo—not because she looks anything like me, which she doesn’t, but because my life is mostly about writing, working, running, playing with my son, and going to the grocery store, and I’ll bet she could make even that seem funny. I’m sure we would all be entertained.

If someone wrote a biography about you, what do you think the title should be – please explain?
Running to Stand Still. This is the title of a U2 song, and it was my editor’s idea for the title of my novel Going Too Far. It applies to my life because I feel like I’m expending an enormous amount of effort just to stay in the same place right now, and I’m not getting anywhere. I hope that if you ask me this in another three months, I will title my biography Little Did I Know I Was About to Become Very Successful.

How would you describe yourself/life in seven words?
Wrote a lot and finally got published!


Bonus:

**Is there any additional info you would like to share with your readers about what’s next for you and your books?**
I'm finishing novel number seven right now and turning it in on August 9, so cross your fingers for me! I can't share details right now, but it's another romantic drama, it will be published by MTV Books in July 2011, and I'll post the title and the description on my web site when I can.


Thanks for stopping by Jennifer!

For more information about Jennifer Echols and her books, please visit her website here.

16 comments:

  1. I love camping, and now you can do it just and feel like you're at home.... if you have a trailer. Not one of my favorite Q&A's. I felt Jen's answers were too vague. I hope the book isn't so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview. I'm glad someone else doesn't want to travel back in time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Q&A. Looking forward to reading her books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your questions! And her answers :P This was an awesome interview.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice interview! I'm not big on camping either. Sorry but sleeping on the ground does not a vacation for me make. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wouldn't want to live without running water or electricity either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another P&P reference, man I have to read that. I feel like I am the only person on the planet who hasn't.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice interview. Can't wait to know more about Jennifer's next book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome interview! All of your interviews are, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Elizabeth Bennet is my favourite character from Pride and Prejudice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great interview! Thank you so much for posting it. Super AWESOME :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Jennifer Crusie's books too, they're hilarious :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never read any of her books but heard about this 1 alot recently....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great interview!

    How would you describe yourself/life in seven words?
    Wrote a lot and finally got published!

    Sounds like a nice life. :)

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear from you, I promise I won't bite!