nav-home nav_about nav_reviews nav_interviews nav_features nav-contact

Sunday, April 26, 2009

In My Mailbox (2)

The Awakening by Kelley Armstrong

Synopsis

Book II in the Darkest Powers trilogy takes us deeper into a world where the supernatural intrudes on the everyday with riveting effect.

If you had met me a few weeks ago, you probably would have described me as an average teenage girl – someone normal. Now my life has changed forever and I’m as far away from normal as it gets. A living science experiment – not only can I see ghosts, but I was genetically altered by a group of people who call themselves The Edison Group. What does that mean? For starters, I’m a teenage necromancer whose powers are out of control: I raise the dead without even trying. Trust me, that is not a power you want to have. Ever.

I’m running for my life with three of my supernatural friends – a charming sorcerer, a cynical werewolf, and a disgruntled witch – and we have to find someone who can help us gain our freedom back before The Edison Group finds us first. Or die trying.

I’m moving this one up in my reading pile! I enjoyed the first book and got my mom to read it and she keeps calling me asking me when I’m going to send her a copy (Geesh Mom!).


Bad Girls Don’t Die by Katie Alender

Synopsis

Alexis thought she led a typically dysfunctional high school existence. Dysfunctional like her parents' marriage; her doll-crazy twelve-year-old sister, Kasey; and even her own anti-social, anti-cheerleader attitude.

When a family fight results in some tearful sisterly bonding, Alexis realizes that her life is creeping from dysfunction into danger. Kasey is acting stranger than ever: her blue eyes go green sometimes; she uses old-fashioned language; and she even loses track of chunks of time, claiming to know nothing about her strange behavior. Their old house is changing, too. Doors open and close by themselves; water boils on the unlit stove; and an unplugged air conditioner turns the house cold enough to see their breath in.

Alexis wants to think that it's all in her head, but soon, what she liked to think of as silly parlor tricks are becoming life-threatening--to her, her family, and to her budding relationship with the class president. Alexis knows she's the only person who can stop Kasey -- but what if that green-eyed girl isn't even Kasey anymore?

This sounds spooky! I can’t wait to dig in!!


Fade by Lisa McMann

Synopsis

SOME NIGHTMARES NEVER END.
For Janie and Cabel, real life is getting tougher than the dreams. They're just trying to carve out a little (secret) time together, but no such luck.

Disturbing things are happening at Fieldridge High, yet nobody's talking. When Janie taps into a classmate's violent nightmares, the case finally breaks open — but nothing goes as planned. Not even close. Janie's in way over her head, and Cabe's shocking behavior has grave consequences for them both.

Worse yet, Janie learns the truth about herself and her ability — and it's bleak. Seriously, brutally bleak. Not only is her fate as a dream catcher sealed, but what's to come is way darker than she'd feared....

I’ve had this on my list for some time now, but there have been other books that I could not hold out on so I passed it up a few times because even though I read the first one, I really did not feel like I had to have it. I guess it just her writing style. (“Shrug”)


17 comments:

  1. I really like the look of "Bad Girls Don't Die." I haven't read "The Summoning" which I think is before "The Awakening." And I don't know if "Wake" or "Fade" comes first. Time to do some research.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, gee. I want all of these! Happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh!! really good books this week! happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of your books this week are amazing. The Awakening is fantastic and Fade...ohhh so good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh LUCKY you got Bad Girls Don't Die!!! I just saw the book trailer, and even posted it up because I loved it! Can't wait to read your review!

    --Amber

    ReplyDelete
  6. such great books! happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems like you have some great books on your plate! I haven't read "Fade", but I really enjoyed "Wake". "Bad Girls Don't Die" and "The Awakening" are both books that I have had my eye on. I'll be looking forward to your review.

    ReplyDelete
  8. FANTASTIC books! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you got some good books. I hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fade and The Awakening seem like really good books. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great haul! I hope Fade is better than Wake too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love Fade, I hope you do too. And I really want to read Bad Girls Don't Die as well. The cover is fab.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've read Fade, and liked it (but not as much as Wake) but haven't read the other two--I really want to!

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear from you, I promise I won't bite!