nav-home nav_about nav_reviews nav_interviews nav_features nav-contact

Monday, April 27, 2009

Memorable Moments Monday (1)

I’ve decided to pick out one of my favorite books every Monday and post the most memorable moments or quotes from the book.

Feel free to post your favorite moments or quotes from the featured book.




This week’s feature will be: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

Paperback Pg. (317)


This was the scene after the birthday picnic, when Simon catches Jace and Clary kissing.


Jace: “In future, Clarissa,” he said, “it might be wise to mention that you already have a man in your bed, to avoid such tedious situations.”


Simon: “You invited him into bed?” Simon demanded, looking shaken.


Jace: “Ridiculous, isn’t it?” “We would never have all fit.”


Clary: “I didn’t invite him into bed,” Clary snapped. “We were just kissing.”


Jace: “Just kissing?” Jace’s tone mocked her with its false hurt. “How swiftly you dismiss our love.”

I loved this whole scene, this is where we start to see Jace falling for Clary and he was acting like it didn’t bother him.



Paperback Pg. (345)

This was the scene at Lady Dorothea when they went to get the mortal cup.


Dorothea: “Didn’t I read your tea leaves, Shadowhunter? Have you fallen in love with the wrong person yet?”


Jace: “Unfortunately, Lady of the Haven, my one true love remains myself.”


Dorothea: “At least,” she said, “you don’t have to worry about rejection, Jace Wayland.”


Jace: “Not necessarily. I turn myself down occasionally, just to keep it interesting.”

This was so funny! There are so many good moments in this book that I have decided I would only list my favorite 2.

3 comments:

  1. I love this series so much and Jace is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, this is the SECOND time in a week I've seen a recommendation for City of Bones. I may have to give in and check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to read these, lol.

    On a side note, that picture is gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear from you, I promise I won't bite!