nav-home nav_about nav_reviews nav_interviews nav_features nav-contact

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Review: Raven by Allison van Diepen

Raven by Allison van Diepen
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
Pub. Date: February 2009
Age Range: Young Adult
288pp

Zin dances with fire in every step, speaks in a honey-sweet voice, and sees with eyes that can peer into your soul. Nicole's friendship with him is the only thing that saves her from the boredom of school and the turmoil of her family life. It's no wonder she is madly in love with him. But she can't understand why he keeps her at a distance, even though she can feel his soul reaching out for hers.

Zin is like no man Nicole has ever met, and he carries with him a very old secret. When Nicole uncovers the truth, her love may be the only thing that can save him from it.
Mini Review
This is my first time reading an Allison van Diepen novel, so when I read the synopsis for this book, I did not know what to expect, but I was surprised by her take on pop culture. I had a hard time imagining the dance scenes, but that did not take away from the story.

Overall Raven was a quick and easy read and I wish the other characters and their history was more developed, but I loved Zin and Nic’s relationship.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you, I promise I won't bite!