nav-home nav_about nav_reviews nav_interviews nav_features nav-contact

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Review: Hunted (House of Night Series #5)

Hunted (House of Night Series #5) by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Pub. Date: March 2009
Age Range: Young Adult
336pp

The good news: Zoey’s friends have her back again and Stevie Rae and the red fledglings aren’t Neferet’s secrets any longer. The bad news: Ancient evil with the face of an angel has been let loose – that and various other nasties (whose faces aren’t so angelic). Grandma Redbird is in trouble. Heath is in trouble. The House of Night is in trouble. Okay, let’s face it – Zoey’s whole world is in trouble! But when the trouble comes from a being who appears to be beauty personified, will the world believe it? Especially when only a teenager and a group of misfits are the only ones who really understand the danger he brings. Will Zoey have the strength and wisdom to reveal the truth? Especially when, in the House of Night, the truth is often hard to come by…

So this is the 5th book in the House of Night Series, hmmh... where do I begin? I can say that it kept me somewhat interested, but the plot felt so déjà vuish if you know what I mean (been there done that, what’s new!). “Gosh this is a hard one!” I finally see why I kept putting this book off. I told myself “Look, you’ve had this book on Currently Reading forever, get it over with and read it already.” The writing and the dialogue was so irregular from the first few books, I had to do a double take on the cover to make sure this was by the same authors. I don’t know how many times I rolled my eyes while reading this book, it was frustrating. I mean really, “Did she say that?” or “No! She did not do that…….AGAIN!” And when it finally gets interesting….Hold for it…… “Let’s form a circle and sing Kumbaya and everything will be ok.”  THE END! Pleeeeease!

I’m really lost for words on this one or I could take a note from the book Ohmigod….Ohmigod….Ohmigod…. I was disappointed! Well, that’s all she wrote.”

Rating: 2.5 out of 5 stars

5 comments:

  1. I rolled my eyes a lot during the last book and since this one was in hard cover I didn't rush out and get it. I would like to complete the series, but I am getting tired of the constant downward slide of the books.

    On a side note - our reading pile looks quite similar based on that little slide show you have on the sidebar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this series but not well enough to shell out the bucks for a hardcover. My irk with this series is that the next book literally picks up where the last one left off and I really want this storyline to move along faster. At this rate, there will be 100 books in the series before Zoey finishes this school year. It's like the TV show '24' in book form. So, thank you for the review and I'll wait for this one in softcover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still don't like the series...There was so much potential in the first book....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was really disappointed with this one, so much so that I think the series is over for me :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I feel the exactly the same about this series. At least you made it to the 5th book. I'm stuck on the 4th... its just sitting on my shelf and someday soon I'll read it. I think. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear from you, I promise I won't bite!