nav-home nav_about nav_reviews nav_interviews nav_features nav-contact

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Review: Fragile Eternity by Melissa Marr

Fragile Eternity by Melissa Marr
Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers
Pub. Date: April 2009
Age Range: Young Adult
400pp
Series: Wicked Lovely Series, #3

Seth never expected he would want to settle down with anyone—but that was before Aislinn. She is everything he'd ever dreamed of, and he wants to be with her forever. Forever takes on new meaning, though, when your girlfriend is an immortal faery queen.

Aislinn never expected to rule the very creatures who'd always terrified her—but that was before Keenan. He stole her mortality to make her a monarch, and now she faces challenges and enticements beyond any she'd ever imagined.

In Melissa Marr's third mesmerizing tale of Faerie, Seth and Aislinn struggle to stay true to themselves and each other in a milieu of shadowy rules and shifting allegiances, where old friends become new enemies and one wrong move could plunge the Earth into chaos.

I enjoyed this installment of the Wicked Lovely Series. I appreciated the new insight on all of the courts and their inner workings. It’s also nice to get the character’s point of view of their feelings and how they react to certain influences and the decisions made because of them.

Aislinn has a decision to make. Who do you choose? The Mortal who is your forever or the Immortal who will live forever? This book portrays Keenan as being selfish from some of the character’s point of view, but I find myself feeling sorry for him as I see his actions from a different perspective. I can’t help but to want him to find happiness. I dunno that’s just my opinion. I’ll leave that up to you to decide.

The plot was totally unexpected as I did not see this plot moving in the direction that it took with Sorcha and Seth. Overall, I think it’s a good development for the story line and brought more excitement to the plot. I can say that a decision by one of the characters was unresolved and the ending has me really excited about the next installment.

What I would love to see in the next installment is more of Niall, I find him very enticing! What can I say I love bad boys!

Rating: 4 out of 5 Stars

3 comments:

  1. Nice review, I really enjoyed it, too! Am definitely looking forward to continuing the series...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review :)
    I have yet to read this but I own it.

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear from you, I promise I won't bite!