nav-home nav_about nav_reviews nav_interviews nav_features nav-contact

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Review: SWOON by Nina Malkin

SWOON by Nina Malkin
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
Pub. Date: May 2009
Age Range: Young Adult
432pp

Sin is coming...prepare to swoon.

Torn from her native New York City and dumped in the land of cookie-cutter preps, Candice is resigned to accept her posh, dull fate. Nothing ever happens in Swoon, Connecticut...until Dice's perfect, privileged cousin Penelope nearly dies in a fall from an old tree and her spirit intertwines with that of a ghost. His name? Sinclair Youngblood Powers. His mission? Revenge. And while Pen is oblivious to the possession, Dice is all too aware of Sin. She's intensely drawn to him — but not at all crazy about the havoc he's wreaking.

Determined to exorcise the demon, Dice accidentally sets Sin loose, gives him flesh, makes him formidable. Now she must destroy an even more potent — and irresistible — adversary before the whole town succumbs to Sin's will. Only trouble is, she's in love with him.

What do you do when the boy of your dreams is too bad to be true?

Well going by the title of the book, I got exactly what I expected and then some. I laughed throughout this book and the pages kept on turning. I had to know what was going to happen next especially with all the scandal going on. This is a YA book but be prepared for references of sex, drugs and profanity. Hopefully this won’t deter you from giving this book a chance as this did not stop me from putting the book down, I don’t think it’s something that teens of today have not heard or seen on T.V before.

Now what can I say about Sin? Hmm…Sin...Sin…Sin “What a mischievous boy!” I can see how Dice fell for him, I mean who wouldn’t.

Malkin’s writing is totally original and unique, and has a nice flow to it. Malkin has a way with words that draws you in to her world. I enjoyed this book very much. Swoon is Malkin’s first novel in the paranormal genre and I have to give props to her, she did a fantastic job because I was totally swooned.

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

28 comments:

  1. I. Want. This. Book. It sounds wicked! I'm not sure if I love the names though. Awesome review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! This sounds like such an amazing book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice review! I keep hearing about this book... Now I must check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been hearing good things about this book. Your review has sealed the deal...Swoon has been put onto my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one has secured a spot on my wishlist-great review! I was glad to see there was some laughing involved! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A book always appeals to me even more if there's humor no matter what the genre. Laughing is always a good thing! I'd heard good things about this book already so I'm glad to hear you liked it too. I'm adding it to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review! I finally added this to my wish list this week. I'm really looking forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This book sounds terrific and I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This book sounds like so much fun! We can't wait to read it!

    Beth & Nathan

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still need to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This book sounds great and I've been wanting to read it for awhile. I do like some of the edgier YA books with a little sex and drugs but not too much :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Want to get it so bad, you've talked me into it with your classical persuasion!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great review. I really want to read this book. I sounds like it would hold my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds like it would be a fun book to read! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This books sounds great, I cant wait to read it.
    Thanks
    Carlene
    iluvreading(at)verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have heard such great thing about this book and its on my WL!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hm... sounds very interesting. I'd love to have a copy. Plus, I am already a follower! Here's hoping!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really want to read this now! ha! Great review! Can't wait until I get my own copy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE the cover of this book; it's so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I want this book so bad! I love your review of it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow. This books sounds SO cool. I really want to read it. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow it sounds like a great read which is a really good thing considering I love the cover so much! Thank you for the review! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  23. Everyone is talking about this book. I have got to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for that review--it let's me know about the book and the writing....and that I do want to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love when a book can make me laugh a lot. I'm sure I'd love this book. I've been wanting to read it for over a month now. I just love the cover and the title too! Great review :)

    -Breanna
    breanna20f@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! I love it, I want to read it. Great review, Swoon just went on the TBB list.

    Thanks for sharing

    Dottie :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I read this book, it wasn't that good... but maybe its just me cuz i didn't like sin and he's a bad boy type... i just hate bad boy types. and after a while i kinda lost interest in the book... well, that's just my opinion... read it 4 urself!!! u might like it, i dunno, my friends read it and she liked it...

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear from you, I promise I won't bite!