nav-home nav_about nav_reviews nav_interviews nav_features nav-contact

Sunday, June 21, 2009

In My Mailbox (9)

In My Mailbox was created by Kristi over at The Story Siren.

All of these books are for Review

Prey by Rachel Vincent
Publisher: Mira
Pub. Date: July 1, 2009
400pp

*Spoilers* Do not read Synopsis if you have not read the 1st 3 books in the series


Synopsis
Sometimes playing cat and mouse is no game…

Play? Right. My Pride is under fire from all sides, my father's authority is in question and my lover is in exile. Which means I haven't laid eyes on Marc's gorgeous face in months. And with a new mother and an I-know-everything teenager under my protection, I don't exactly have time to fantasize about ever seeing him again.

Then our long-awaited reunion is ruined by a vicious ambush by strays. Now our group is under attack, Marc is missing and I will need every bit of skill and smarts to keep my family from being torn apart. Forever.


Shiver (ARC) by Maggie Stiefvater
Publisher: Scholastic, Inc.
Pub. Date: August 01, 2009
Age Range: 12 and up
400pp

Synopsis
For years, Grace has watched the wolves in the woods behind her house. One yellow-eyed wolf--her wolf--is a chilling presence she can't seem to live without. Meanwhile, Sam has lived two lives: In winter, the frozen woods, the protection of the pack, and the silent company of a fearless girl. In summer, a few precious months of being human . . . until the cold makes him shift back again.

Now, Grace meets a yellow-eyed boy whose familiarity takes her breath away. It's her wolf. It has to be. But as winter nears, Sam must fight to stay human--or risk losing himself, and Grace, forever.


Once a Witch (ARC) by Carolyn MacCullough
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Pub. Date: September 14, 2009
Age Range: Young Adult
304pp



Synopsis
Tamsin Greene comes from a long line of witches, and she was supposed to be one of the most Talented among them. But Tamsin's magic never showed up. Now seventeen, Tamsin attends boarding school in Manhattan, far from her family. But when a handsome young professor mistakes her for her very Talented sister, Tamsin agrees to find a lost family heirloom for him. The search—and the stranger—will prove to be more sinister than they first appeared, ultimately sending Tamsin on a treasure hunt through time that will unlock the secret of her true identity, unearth the sins of her family, and unleash a power so vengeful that it could destroy them all. This is a spellbinding display of storytelling that will exhilarate, enthrall, and thoroughly enchant.

26 comments:

  1. Fantastic books. Enjoy them. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you all manage the review schedules the way you do. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great books all three of them sound really good. Enjoy reading them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SQUEE!!! You had the best week. Prey, was an awesome read. I totally love Rachel Vincent and Prey totally caught me off guard and left me speechless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, I want Shiver! I can't wait to read it. Great set of books!

    Briana :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shiver?! I am full o' jealousy. Great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great books! I just found out I won a copy of Shiver. Can't wait to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh all of those look so great. I can't wait for Shiver. Once a Witch also looks pretty interesting. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to try Shiver!

    Dottie :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great books! Shiver is awesome...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooo Shiver and Once A Witch, nice week!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  12. Once A Witch sounds really interesting. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That Once a Witch book looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh you got Shiver! Lucky you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Shiver...you are so lucky!

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My curiosity is killing me about Shiver. It looks really good!

    Happy Reading!

    -Briana

    ReplyDelete
  17. I want to read Shiver so much. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lucky you! I can't wait to read Prey and Shiver! Here are my mailbox posts: (1) and (2)

    ReplyDelete
  19. They all sound really great! I love the cover for Once a Witch. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have the first of Rachel Vicent to try. I've heard so much good about this series. Then the wolves and witch book both too sound good! I'm looking forward to your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh what a great batch of books. I loved, loved, loved Shiver and Once a Witch looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looking forward to getting my copy of Prey, but hadn't heard of Once a Witch before. They all look great! Will check back for your reviews. :)

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your one lucky girl, I would love to read those books!

    The series by Rachel Vincent was unfamiliar to me, I have to take a look at it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. A small error there... It should have been You are. *blush*

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, what a great week! Once a witch looks fantastic! And of course Shiver looks great. Happy reading! You have all the luck. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear from you, I promise I won't bite!