nav-home nav_about nav_reviews nav_interviews nav_features nav-contact

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Review: The Season by Sarah MacLean

The Season by Sarah MacLean
Publisher: Scholastic, Inc.
Pub. Date: March 2009
Age Range: 12
352pp

This is a story about love, friendship and mystery. This is “THE SEASON” for Alexandra Stafford and her best friends, Ella and Vivi. They will be presented to Regency London although they could care less about being proper Regency ladies. Alexandra gains the attention of several candidates at her debut and finds herself drawn to childhood friend Gavin, Earl of Blackmoor. Just as her season kicks off, Alex stumbles upon some criminating evidence that points to foul play in the unexpected death of Gavin’s father. Soon Alex and friends find themselves wrapped up in a dangerous web in hopes of uncovering the truth of what happened to the late Earl of Blackmoor.

Sarah MacLean’s debut novel is attention-grabbing! I had a hard time putting this one down. The setting is woven perfectly and all of the details surrounding the Regency period were magnificently written. I love the characters in this book. Alex is confident and witty and the chemistry she has with Gavin is exceptional. The secondary characters are great especially one Rake by the name of Freddy Stanhope, he is one of my favorite characters in this book.

This book had me feeling all warm and fuzzy. I had the mystery solved, but it was the love story that had me wrapped up in the book. I’ve read a few regency books and I’ve loved every one of them and The Season was no exception. I found myself smiling throughout this whole book. I mean, who can’t resist a good love story!

If you’re looking for a good summer read, pick up this book. I look forward to reading more of Sarah’s novels. Hopefully, we will see more of Alexandra and friends.

Rating: 4 out of 5 Stars

3 comments:

  1. I loved this one too, it's so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this on my wishlist to get! I just found out about this one and it sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this book is so cool and awsome but at the same time cute and lovable i wish there more books like this one who mix loove and adventure togethere thats is so cool i don't things theres a better one.

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear from you, I promise I won't bite!