nav-home nav_about nav_reviews nav_interviews nav_features nav-contact

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Review: Bloody Good by Georgia Evans

Bloody Good by Georgia Evans
Publisher: Kensington Publishing Corporation
Pub. Date: June 2009
320pp

In the first of a supernatural trilogy, one Dr. Alice Doyle finds that the power to fight evil comes from places she'd never believe...

While the sounds of battle echo through the sky, a lady doctor has more than enough trouble to keep her busy even in a sleepy hamlet outside London. But the threat is nearer home than Alice knows. German agents have infiltrated her beloved
countryside—Nazis who can fly, read minds, and live forever. They're not just fascists. They're vampires.

Alice has no time for fantasy, but when the corpses start appearing sucked dry, she'll have to accept help where she can get it. If that includes a lowly Conscientious Objector who says he's no coward though he refuses to fight, and her very own grandmother, a sane, sensible woman who insists that she's a Devonshire Pixie, so be it. Indeed, whatever it takes to defend home and country from an evil both ancient and terrifyingly modern...

Alice Doyle stumbles upon an injured stranger and being a Doctor, it’s her duty to patch him up. After this encounter, the stranger mysteriously disappears and strange occurrences start to happen across town.

Alice Doyle finds herself baffled when bodies turn up drained dry….What is a girl to do?

Alice soon discovers Nazi vampires hiding among the local folk causing havoc across the land led by Gerhardt Eiche. With Gerhardt Eiche's thirst for victory, it’s up to Alice to stop the Nazi vampires from conquering England. She's determined to get help any way she can even if it's with the unlikely war objector, Peter Watson and her grandma who insists that Alice is a pixie.

Bloody Good is the first book in a supernatural World War II trilogy with a twist….vampires & other mythical creatures. The historical setting is totally different from what I’m use to reading in supernatural books but I enjoyed how Evans was able to tie the supernatural elements into the historical events during WWII. The writing has an English tone and the characters are interesting and nicely written.

Overall, this was a bloody good read! Bloody Awful and Bloody Right are scheduled to be released in July & August. I can’t wait to see what happens next.

Rating: 4 out of 5 Stars

27 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great review, I wasn't sure if I wanted to read this book but now I'll have to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nazi vampires? Now that's a vampire series I might actually read. Plus I think the cover is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Sounds like a good plot. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a great book. Awesome review :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet review. I really want to read this one...been dying too for awhile now. Definitely a unique premise. So cool.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review. I have been hearing a lot about this and the reviews are really making me want to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I might have to get this one. Sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do I mention here that I am a follower? Well, I am!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Persuading review, and quite truthful...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your review was bloody brilliant! (Sorry, I couldn't help myself...)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for the review...I get so many new books from them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I definatly want to read this one!!Thanks for the review..+1 for comment+1 for following!Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This wasn't on my radar yet, so I'm so happy you reviewed it. Will add to the reading pile now :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven not read many historical paranormal books but this one is on my wishlist and after reading your review, I definitely want to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I keep hearing good things about this and I just know I'd like it. Come on, Nazi vamps? What's not to like?!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great review! Historical paranormal romances are always interesting, and this one sounds fun too.

    Thanks!

    Dottie :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like a great review, your lucky to have been one of the early readers! Great review.

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  18. A historical vampire book. I like the sound of that. I am curious how Alice is going to beat all those Nazis vampires.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This sounds like a different and interesting series-I'll have to check out some more about it

    ReplyDelete
  20. cool review, interested in the nazi vamp twist to it...thats new
    mrlatts@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. They do sound bloody good :) Loved your catchy words that so fit in the review! I love too that they set for 3 books. I wonder if they have the possibility for more!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I heard this is really good!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great review -- it sounds like a book I would really enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great review and I can't wait to read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm not a big vampire book fan, but this actually sounds entertaining.

    rsgrandinetti@yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I must admit I laughed out loud about Nazi Vampires. This book actually looks like a lot of fun. :)

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear from you, I promise I won't bite!