nav-home nav_about nav_reviews nav_interviews nav_features nav-contact

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Review: As You Wish by Jackson Pearce

As You Wish by Jackson Pearce
Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers
Pub. Date: August 25, 2009
Age Range: Young Adult
304pp

Have you ever wanted something so bad…?
What if all of a sudden you had 3 wishes to grant your heart’s desire?

Viola has been granted 3 wishes by a genie called Jinn and all she’s ever wanted was to belong. Viola soon finds herself spending a lot of time with Jinn which consequently develop into something more than friendship. With only 2 wishes left, Viola has to decide what she’s willing to do to keep Jinn in her life.

Jackson Pearce’s As You Wish is a delightfully fun story where wishes do come true by finding oneself through friendship and love. This book was entertaining and I enjoyed reading about Viola. She’s a typical teenager trying to fit in high school and figure out where she belongs. I also enjoyed reading the different viewpoints of Viola and Jinn and how they took in different situations which approximately lead them into falling in love.

I’ve been following Jackson Pearce through her blog and on twitter and I have to say if I want a good laugh, I go visit her. That’s what I enjoyed most about her book, It’s a light and fun read and I was also able see her personality shine through her work too.

I look forward to reading more of Pearce’s books!

Rating: 4 out of 5 Stars


This book was reviewed as part of Traveling to Teens.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds good. I'll have to check it out when it's released. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed your review! Will definitely be putting this on my wish list.! And I tracked Jackson down on Twitter and am now following her as well! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book is full of beautiful details and scenes that will delight even the most reluctant reader. Jackson's vivid imagery makes the characters come alive. The book is great for middle-school age kids and the young at heart. I couldn't put this book down!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book is full of beautiful details and scenes that will delight even the most reluctant reader. Jackson's vivid imagery makes the characters come alive. The book is great for middle-school age kids and the young at heart. I couldn't put this book down!

    Mariz
    Get Best Info for Bear Viewing vacations

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear from you, I promise I won't bite!