nav-home nav_about nav_reviews nav_interviews nav_features nav-contact

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

T2T Interview: Jackson Pearce

I'm hosting author Jackson Pearce today as part of Traveling To Teens. Pearce's debut novel As You Wish is scheduled for release August 25, 2009.

Jackson Pearce is twenty-five years old and currently lives in Atlanta, Georgia, with a slightly cross-eyed cat and a lot of secondhand furniture. She recently graduated from the University of Georgia with a degree in English and a minor in Philosophy. She auditioned for the circus once, but didn't make it; other jobs she’s had include obituaries writer, biker bar waitress, and receptionist. In addition, Jackson coaches both colorguard and winterguard at a local high school.

Jackson began writing when she got angry that the school librarian couldn’t tell her of a book that contained a smart girl, horses, baby animals, and magic. Her solution was to write the book herself when she was twelve. Her parents thought it was cute at first, but have grown steadily more concerned for her ever since.

Please Welcome Jackson Pearce!

What was your inspiration behind As You Wish?
I wanted to write a story about the master/servant relationship being played on by love; going the jinn/mortal route just seemed natural! Once I had the idea, the characters really took over and went from there.

If you had 3 wishes what would you wish for?
Right now? That someone would go get me some more diet coke, that Alcott would stop staring into space, and that I would stop breaking fingernails right when they get long enough to paint. But tomorrow, I imagine my wishes would be very different :)

If you could choose only one of these to come true, which would it be and why?
The diet coke one. Because I can just not look at Alcott or my fingernails, but I cannot stop the NEED for diet coke. *lusts for diet coke* Clearly, I have issues.

How have your wishes changed since you were young?
Very much so. When I was younger I wished to be Pippi Longstocking (You know that song from the movie? "Pippi Longstocking is coming into your town!"? I always tried to change the name to my name. Unfortunately "Pearce" doesn't have the same ring as "Longstocking."I also wished to be a veterinarian, an ice skater, and a singer. By the time I was about twelve though, I was wishing to become an author.

Have you ever had a wish come true? Was it what you always wanted?
Getting a book published is my wish come true. And yes, to be honest-- it was what I always wanted. There was a lot more to it than I anticipated-- both good and bad-- but "industry downsides" hardly detract from the total crazy happiness that comes with knowing people are able to read my book!


Thanks Jackson!

To read my review of As You Wish click here.
For more information about Jackson Pearce and her books, please visit her website here.

2 comments:

  1. Great Interview! I like how your questions are different and her answers are so honest. Very fun! XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got an award for you over at my blog!

    http://thebookpixie.blogspot.com/2009/08/award-extravaganza-mini-series-edition.html

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear from you, I promise I won't bite!