nav-home nav_about nav_reviews nav_interviews nav_features nav-contact

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Review: Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
Publisher: Scholastic, Inc.
Pub. Date: September 2009
Age Range: Young Adult
400pp
Series: Hunger Games Series, #2

If you were left on the edge by The Hunger Games then be prepared to be BLOWN AWAY by Catching Fire. I was left Speechless! How do I write this review by not spoiling it for the readers who’ve not read The Hunger Games?

What are the Hunger Games?

In desolate lands where greed is run by the Capitol, 13 districts – strike that! I mean 12 districts have to attend the annual reaping where 1 girl and 1 boy from each district will be picked to attend the annual hunger games to fight to the death. Sounds Crazy right? Well I don’t know if “Crazy” is the right word to describe this series…

How about AWESOME.FANTASTIC.BRILLIANT.MINDBOGGLING.BREAK.YOUR.NECK.TO.GET.A.COPY!

Didn’t you guys see how these crazed fans were trying to get their hands on an ARC copy of Catching Fire? I must admit that I was totally one of them.

Katniss is the main heroine in this series and she’s a feisty one. If you like your heroines strong and not dependent on a man to fight their battles then Katniss is your girl. Katniss will do anything to protect the ones she loves even if it includes giving up her life. Well it can’t get any better than that right? I’ll let you decide…

Decisions, Decisions…This series is about strategy and a test of will. It’s High Octane with tricks and traps around every corner, so be prepared to be gorefied! Is gorefied a word? Well I’m talking about blood and gore. This series is ruthless but for you ladies that have to have romance in your novels, don’t worry this series has that too! I can only imagine what this would look like on the big screen. Yes! That’s right! The Hunger Games is coming to a theatre near you!

Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars

6 comments:

  1. I plan on waiting until the third one comes out before I read these books but it's certainly tempting to start them now. They sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read Hunger Games (I know, shame on me) but I plan to. It sounds like a fantastic series and I hear everyone raving about them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the awesome review! I'm actually giving away a great prize package to three winners over on my blog! I hope you'll join!

    I love your blog! Very informative and totally cute!

    x0xx Amy *Park-Avenue Princess*

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES! Hunger Games is being made into a movie?? That will be so awesome. I haven't read Catching Fire yet. I am on the library waiting list. I want to buy it eventually, but I can't fit it into the budget right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm reading Catching Fire now and it is amazing! I should be finished with it by today. Awesome review!

    shutupimreading.blogspot.com
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear from you, I promise I won't bite!