nav-home nav_about nav_reviews nav_interviews nav_features nav-contact

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Review: Devil's Kiss by Sarwat Chadda

Devil's Kiss by Sarwat Chadda
Publisher: Hyperion Books for Children
Pub. Date: September 2009
Age Range: Young Adult
336pp

Billi SanGreal has been recently recruited as the first woman in Knights Templar’s history. Well it doesn’t get any better for Billi when a war is brewing in her city. Billi may have to sacrifice her wants and needs for the greater good to save humanity from an Ancient who’s after one of the Order’s protected treasures and if unleashed will bring about the 10th plague…

Can Billi and fellow Knights Templar stop this powerful enemy and his ban of Unholy from unleashing this evil on London when death is only one knock at her door…?

Sarwat creates a dangerous world full mystifying characters with action-packed and adrenaline pumping scenes. With its sinister and tension filled plot, Devil’s Kiss kept me turning the pages. Devil’s Kiss is filled with rich biblical history and Sarwat did an amazing job linking the pieces to the story. The creatures in this book are sinister indeed with ghuls, devils, and dark angels providing Devil’s Kiss with notable foes for the Knights Templar to protect the world against.

Billi is this bad-ass heroine who knows what she wants and will stop at nothing to get it even if it could possibly lead to her death. I love the characters in Devil’s Kiss. Sarwat created some powerful and unforgettable characters and their struggles to do what’s right for the greater good left a lasting impression. Kaye was a welcomed surprise and I was in awe of him from the first time he was introduced. Arthur, Billi’s dad and master of the Templar Knights was something straight out of RAMBO except with a sword. I can only describe him with one word – "RUTHLESS." He’s the essence of what a leader has to deal with in the face of destruction especially when you have millions of lives at stake.

Sarwat’s Devil’s Kiss story line is PERFECTION! I was kept on the edge of my seat. It’s a thrilling and powerfully entertaining tale and I was extremely wrapped up in the chaos that surrounded Billi’s and the Templar’s lives right down to the very last page.

The Dark Goddess is the next installment in this series and I can’t wait to see what the Unholy unleashes next to grab hold of Billi’s and the Knights Templar’s attention…

If you’re a big fan of Supernatural & Buffy, I think you’ll enjoy the Devil’s Kiss!

Rating: 4 ½ out of 5 Stars

37 comments:

  1. Wonderful review! I am definitely going to read this one! There is something about it that sounds simply epic - and you can't argue with 4.5 stars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got this in my mailbox yesterday, Ive been super excited and now I can't wait to read it...just need to survive this week and finish a few other books! The cover is soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! (: Lol, I love butt-kicking heroines, and the cover looks awesome. I'll definitely be keeping my eye out for this book and see when I can grab it.
    And I suppose I'll have to check out Supernatural and Buffy now too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This review made me want to check out the book--I wasn't really sure about it but your review convinced me. Especially with the reference to Supernatural! LOL

    BTW --You've Been BITTEN by a Zombie--Oh goodness! You can enter to win a contest too. :) LOL
    http://vvb32reads.blogspot.com/2009/09/book-blogger-zombie-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review. This sounds like a book I would like to read, I am excited to hear there is going to be more than one book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review, I never heard of this book, going on my list now..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked it...but not as much as you did apparently!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks really good. Must add to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to read this book sooo bad!
    The premise of it is unlike anything Ive read before and I want to try it out!
    (And hopefully enjoy it as much as you do!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, it does sound amazing! I have this on the way home, so I'm glad to read you enjoyed it this much! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Review, Thank you so much for taking the time to share this

    ReplyDelete
  12. I remember seeing this book on a "Waiting on Wednesday" post, it sounds like a great book! Thanks for the good review, Tina!

    Ps. I'm a HUGE Supernatural fan - I have a little crush on Jensen Ackles LOL. I really enjoyed Buffy as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like Sarwat's ideas for this book. I look forward to reading it.
    wandanamgreb (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an enthusiastic review! Well, this is a book that I need to get sometime soon! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  15. sounds like an interesting book

    ReplyDelete
  16. If I hadn't seen your review and interview with the author, I wouldn't know about the book.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great review, I love your honesty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice review. I can't wait to get my hands on this book.

    ReplyDelete
  19. definitely want to read this book. Especially after you mentioned that there is an angel invested in releasing the 10h plague on humankind.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I will definitely be reading this. Love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  21. A female knight templar? Very cool! I will have to read this.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So excited about this. I literally just bought this about an hour ago.

    ReplyDelete
  23. 4 1/2 stars? Awesome! The summary to this one alone is enough to make me want to read it, but that rating makes this one a must.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great review! This sounds like a really good book.

    ReplyDelete
  25. It sounds amazing. How could someone ignore a book that has a plotline called perfection, after all?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great review. I was thinking of Buffy as I read the review. I definitely want to read this book.

    heatherzilla(at)care2(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Really good review. I can't wait to read this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I've been so excited for this to come out.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wonderful review--I really can't wait to read this one! And the cover-- very pretty! I'm sure the next book will be just as great.

    Enjoy,
    TBQ

    ReplyDelete
  30. I've read the first few pages of this and it is one of the best creepy/action openings I've ever seen. Glad to hear the rest is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm really looking forward to this book!This review is only confirming my suspicions that this is a book to get into.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Sounds like a keep me up all night read.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Ok see now I just want to read this book even more. There is nothing I love more than a 'bad ass' heroine in a book. This sounds so exciting and I'm looking forward to reading it.

    ~Briana

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love Supernatural and Buffy so I'm definitely going to love this book!

    ReplyDelete
  35. This book sounds AWESOME and kick-ass! And it's original too! I love urban fantasy that is more than just vampires and fae (though I love them too!)

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear from you, I promise I won't bite!