nav-home nav_about nav_reviews nav_interviews nav_features nav-contact

Sunday, October 25, 2009

In My Mailbox (25)


I can't wait to read this one, I've been hearing great reviews.

The Maze Runner by James Dashner
Pub. Date: October 2009
Publisher: Random House Children's Books
384pp
Age Range: Young Adult

Synopsis
When Thomas wakes up in the lift, the only thing he can remember is his first name. His memory is blank. But he’s not alone. When the lift’s doors open, Thomas finds himself surrounded by kids who welcome him to the Glade—a large, open expanse surrounded by stone walls.

Just like Thomas, the Gladers don’t know why or how they got to the Glade. All they know is that every morning the stone doors to the maze that surrounds them have opened. Every night they’ve closed tight. And every 30 days a new boy has been delivered in the lift.

Thomas was expected. But the next day, a girl is sent up—the first girl to ever arrive in the Glade. And more surprising yet is the message she delivers.

Thomas might be more important than he could ever guess. If only he could unlock the dark secrets buried within his mind.


I have all of Richelle Mead's books now - She's one of my favorite authors.

Georgina Kincaid Series by Richelle Mead

Succubus Blues - March 07

Succubus On Top - Janunary 08

Succubs Dreams - October 08

Succubus Heat - June 09


Tnanks to Kim @ The Book Butterfly for letting me borrow this one.

Time of My Life by Allison Winn Scotch
Pub. Date: October 2008
Publisher: Crown Publishing Group
304pp

Synopsis
Jillian Westfield has the perfect suburban life straight out of the upscale women's magazines that she obsessively reads. She’s got the modern-print rugs of Metropolitan Home, the elegant meals from Gourmet, the clutter-free closets out of Real Simple, and the elaborate Easter egg hunts seen in Parents. With her successful investment banker husband behind the wheel and her cherubic eighteen-month-old in the backseat, hers could be the family in the magazines’ glossy Range Rover ads.

Yet somehow all of the how-to magazine stories in the world can’t seem to fix her faltering marriage, banish the tedium of days spent changing diapers, or stop her from asking, “What if?”

Then one morning Jillian wakes up seven years in the past. Before her daughter was born. Before she married Henry. Suddenly she’s back in her post–grad school Ikea-furnished Manhattan apartment. She’s back in her fast-paced job with the advertising agency. And she’s still with Jackson, the ex-boyfriend and star of her what-if fantasies.

Armed with twenty-twenty hindsight, she’s free to choose all over again. She can use the zippy ad campaigns from her future to wow the clients and bosses in her present. She can reconnect with the mother who abandoned her so many years before. She can fix the fights at every juncture that doomed her relationship with Jackson. Or can she?

With each new choice setting off a trajectory of unforeseen consequences, Jillian soon realizes that getting to happily ever after is more complicated than changing the lines in her part of the script. Happiness, it turns out, isn’tan either-or proposition. As she closes in on all the things she thought she wanted, Jillian must confront the greatest what-if of all: What if the problem was never Henry or Jackson, but her?


In My Mailbox was created by Kristi @ The Story Siren and inspired by Alea @ Pop Culture Junkie

14 comments:

  1. Awesome books you got this week. They all look really good. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read The Maze Runners. I've read only great reviews about it! Will wait for your review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh nice books! Especially Maze Runner--it looks really good.

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to read The Maze Runner. Hope you enjoy it. And did I say I love how you arranged the books for the picture?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also really really want to read the maze runner. For some reason it reminds me of The Hunger Games whenerve I read the synopsis!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have had a great book week. The Maze Runner is fantastic nailbiting fiction. You will not be able to stop reading it. Richelle is also one of my favorite authors and she just keeps getting better and better.

    Enjoy all your reads :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice week - looking forward to your Maze review!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Frankie (two comments above) got me TOTALLY addicted to the Georgina books. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Time Of My Life sounds so so good. I've been wanting to read it for quite some time now. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it. Enjoy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great books this week! I have Maze Runner in my TBR pile and hoping that it lives up to all the hype. And you got the entire Succubus series by Richelle Mead! Love those books! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Maze Runner sounds excellent, I've read a lot of good reviews of it lately so I'll have to pick it up. Enjoy your books!

    Emily
    What Book is That?

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Succubus ones look so pretty all lined up on your shelves! Enjoy them! :) Hope you like Time of My Life too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maze Runner really does look good!

    Here's mine: http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2009/10/media-monday_26.html

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear from you, I promise I won't bite!