nav-home nav_about nav_reviews nav_interviews nav_features nav-contact

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Sensational 7 Q & A with Chloe Neill!


Have you ever wanted to know what it would be like to hang out with your favorite author(s)? In an attempt to get a better understanding of authors, my Sensational Seven Q & A takes a closer or more personal look at these authors to give you a glimpse of the personalities behind the writing of your favorite books.

“Talent alone cannot make a writer. There must be a man behind the book; a personality which, by birth and quality, is pledged to the doctrines there set forth, and which exists to see and state things so, and not otherwise.” By Ralph Waldo Emerson


Urban fantasy and paranormal romance author Chloe Neill was born and raised in the South, but now makes her home in the Midwest, just close enough to Cadogan House to keep an eye on the vampires. When not transcribing Merit's adventures, she bakes, watches entirely too much television, roots for her favorite college football team (Go Big Red!), plays with her dog, Baxter, and spends time with a pretty great--and very handsome--guy (who she's pretty sure isn't a vampire). Her debut YA novel, Firespell is in stores today.

If you were given a chance to travel back in time, what year or place would you go / Why?
Actually, I don't think I would travel back in time. I'm pretty content living in 2010. However, I do wish I had more time to travel, which just isn't possible right now due to my work schedule. I've never been to Europe, and I'd love to see Shanghai and Tokyo!

Describe your novel in seven words or less?
Lily Parker moves to Chicago; finds magic.

Please share with us about your favorite book and fictional crush to date?
I just finished reading "The Road" by Cormac McCarthy, which was one of the best books I've read in a really long time. In terms of fictional crush, I'd vote for two folks--Jamie Fraser from Diane Gabaldon's Outlander books, and Roarke from J.D. Robb's In Death books. Such great characters--sexy, handsome, and very much in love with their leading ladies.

If you could be any character in fiction, whom would you be ? Why?
Actually, I'd probably be Merit from my Chicagoland Vampires series. She's been put into Chicago at a time of historical significance, and I think that would be pretty cool to experience. She's also got some wicked katana skills, which I very much admire.

If Hollywood made a movie about your life, whom would you like to see play the lead role as you / Why?
We look nothing alike, but definitely Reese Witherspoon. Style, class, grace, and a fabulous southern accent!

If someone wrote a biography about you, what do you think the title should be – please explain?
Something along the lines of "Always Moving," as there are very few hours of the day that I'm not working.

How would you describe yourself/life in seven words?
Busy. Busy. Busy. Busy. Two dogs. Busy. (See No. 6).


Bonus:
**Is there any additional info you would like to share with your readers about what’s next for you and your books?**
At the moment, I'm working on the edits for TWICE BITTEN, the third book in my Chicagoland Vampires series. Afterthat, I'll be working on the second (of at least three) books in the Dark Elite series!
Thanks for having me today!!


Thanks Chloe for stopping by!

For more information about Chloe Neill and her books, please visit her website here.

37 comments:

  1. I look forward to reading my first novel of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh Can't wait to read Firespell :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was fun to read and always love to learn more about Chloe. I am waiting on my copy of Firespell and it is somewhere in mailing limbo...

    Happy New Year to you and yours...

    Jackie B Central Texas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Interview :) Can't wait to read Firespell.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice interview. I love the part about having Reece play her : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great interview.I really enjoy Chloe's books.Looking forward to reading Firespell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah! I can't wait to read Firespell. She seems really cool and down to earth.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! I just love reading author interviews!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, she does seem really cool. I can't wait to read firespell.

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol I like your description for the novel in 7 words :D

    Can't wait to read Firespell!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Author interviews are so cool, I love reading them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great interview! And I think Reese Witherspoon would be a great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great interview! My name is Chloe too, haha. Reese Witherspoon is great! And I can't wait to read Firespell!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is my first time seeing anything about Firespell. It looks and sounds really great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great interview!! Looking forward to Firespell!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the words you use to describe your self. (busy.....two dogs...busy) I have two dogs also, one's a puppy. Busy. Needs lots of attention.

    I just recently bought your first Chicago Vampire book, Now you have a Young Adult book out! And it sounds very interesting. Looking at my book budget now...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Can't wait to read this one! Buying it this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am soo excited to read this book. And I love Reese Witherspoon as well, she chose a great actress to play her. :]

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the interview and have added your books to my must buy list.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great interview! I love the novel described in 7 words or less!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great interview. I love the Chicago Vampire novels and cant wait to read Firespell too. Very good questions. Glad to see there will be at least 3 in this series too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Aloha Chloe *waving*

    I find it awesome that you like the Outlander series!! The books are as big as the bible but they are great!!
    I also like your choise of Reese to play you!! I think that says a lot about you.... and like you said... "Style, class, grace,...." Those must be important qualities to you!!=)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love her answer to the traveling back in time question. She's really down-to-earth, and that's definitely a different kind of answer.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm going to have to look up the Outlander series; Chloe Neill is at least the 3rd, maybe even the 4th, author to cite Jamie as her fictional crush.

    Great interview, as usual! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ah - so the author is a Southern - birds of a feather I say..

    Gotta love the South - at least I do.

    c:

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have tons of fictional crushes and Jaime is one of mine too. Great Q&A!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fun interview! oh, and great choice of actress to play you in a movie :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great interview! Loved her seven word description; very informative.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great interview! It was so much fun
    to read! I loved Chloe's seven word
    description and I love Reese, she is great!

    Thank you for the interview!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Awesome interview! I'm really looking forward to reading Firespell. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh I love Reese Whiterspoon, good choice. I Can't wait to get my hand on Firespell it sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Chloe sounds like an awesome person. :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. enjoyed the interview was fun to read. look forward to reading Firespell sounds great thanks.

    ginnn7(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  34. great interview looking forward to reading this book. love the Chicagoland Vampires series so would love to check out these books and share with my daughter.

    RoxanneRhoads @ aol. com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great information! I really can't wait to read this book.
    I'm very interested in the Chicagoland series as well. :)
    I love hearing from the authors!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thanks for the interview! I'm looking forward to reading some of Chloe's books.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Great interview,I love her life described in 7 words

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear from you, I promise I won't bite!