nav-home nav_about nav_reviews nav_interviews nav_features nav-contact

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Sensational 7 Q & A with Kimberly Derting!

Have you ever wanted to know what it would be like to hang out with your favorite author(s)? In an attempt to get a better understanding of authors, my Sensational Seven Q & A takes a closer or more personal look at these authors to give you a glimpse of the personalities behind the writing of your favorite books.

“Talent alone cannot make a writer. There must be a man behind the book; a personality which, by birth and quality, is pledged to the doctrines there set forth, and which exists to see and state things so, and not otherwise.” By Ralph Waldo Emerson


Kimberly Derting lives in the Pacific Northwest, which is the ideal place to be writing anything dark or creepy...a gloomy day can set the perfect mood. She lives with her husband and their three beautiful (and often mouthy) children, who serve as an endless source of inspiration for her writing. Her debut novel, THE BODY FINDER is in stores today!


If you were given a chance to travel back in time, what year or place would you go / Why?
My serious answer is probably sometime during the Renaissance, to be alive when the arts were being reborn, to meet great artists and writers, to experience such a dramatic change in the world. But my not-so-serious answer is: six weeks ago. I really want to know where I lost my Bluetooth.

Describe your novel in seven words or less?
A girl finds dead bodies. And love.

Please share with us about your favorite book and fictional crush to date?
Uhh, this is so hard! I’m going to skip my favorite book because A) there are far too many to name just one, and B) no one really cares which books I like…I’m not that interesting! So I’ll just go right to boys! Favorite fictional crushes (see, how I did that? I have more than one!): Seth from WICKED LOVELY, Sam from SHIVER, I just started HUSH, HUSH and can’t forget Patch, and then I kind of have to go old-school and name one that no one ever knows, Clayton from WHITNEY, MY LOVE.

If you could be any character in fiction, whom would you be / Why?
Katniss Everdeen, because she’s completely bad-ass and the absolute, 100% opposite of me. I am so not bad-ass.

If Hollywood made a movie about your life, whom would you like to see play the lead role as you/ Why?
David Spade. He’s short, he’s blonde, and he’s hilarious. Plus, I’m pretty sure he can rock a dress like nobody’s business. Either him, or Reese Witherspoon. ;)

If someone wrote a biography about you, what do you think the title should be – please explain?
OVER THE LINE. My husband and kids always accuse me of taking jokes a little too far and making people uncomfortable. If they want me to stop, they should probably stop encouraging me!

How would you describe yourself/life in seven words?
A rocky beginning…but an amazing journey.


Bonus:

**Is there any additional info you would like to share with your readers about what’s next for you and your books?**
The follow-up to THE BODY FINDER, titled DESIRES OF THE DEAD, is scheduled for release March 2011.


Thanks Kimberly for stopping by!

For more information about Kimberly Derting and her books, please visit her website here.

28 comments:

  1. LOL Kimberly cracks me UP! This is a great interview!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimberly just sounds like so much fun! I've read another interview with her today as well and she has the greatest answers. But to say nobody cares about her favorites books? I don't think that is a fact, at least I love to read about other peoples favorite books and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one :)

    Cannot wait for a chance to read The Body Finder, sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that the sequel is scheduled all ready. That's a good sign that the book will be great, right??? So excited about this one.

    ~Erin :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay there's a sequel - and yaay she likes Sam and Patch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol, I like her...even though I just heard of her. :) But hey that's a good thing, I could've not heard of her ever, right? Any ways I just wanted to let you know I'm rewarding you a blog award, click here for the details. :)

    http://j-rabbits-corner.blogspot.com/2010/03/sexy-blogger-award-some-man-candy.html#links

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd choose Katniss too...then I'd choose Peeta and give Gale the boot :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your debut book. I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dead bodies and love.... I gotta check this book out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seth, Sam, and Patch are full of win. Even if they are a little "too perfect" for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed the interview very much. I'm really interested in reading your book, it sounds very intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always enjoy reading Kim interviews, she is so funny! I loved the David Spade bit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh! I also interviewed her! Great interview, can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. can't wait to read the book! sounds great! great interview!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sound like a great book and I've already noted the name and date of the sequel

    alterlisa AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha, very fun interview! Kimberly really has a great sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brief, informative and funny interview! And Kimberly, check in between your seat and center console. I loose EVERYthing there!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great intereview. Kimberly, I love your sense of humor. It has to move over into your books. I have added you to my new author list and my to buy list. Thanks..


    misskallie2000 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love her description of her life in 7 words.

    Hanging out in the Renaissance would be cool too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. oohh! I didn't know there was going to be a sequel...how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I enjoyed this very much. I am so looking forward to reading this book.

    dorcontest at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great interview. Katniss is one of my all time favourite characters. I would love to be her too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yes Katniss rocks! I'd love to be her too - maybe not in what she had to go through but like her :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh Kimberly is a hunger games fan !!! Sweet David Spade is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  24. I always love hearing what authors have to say about writing and their book/s

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great interview!!! I agree that Katniss Everdeen is the BOMB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. When I got to the seven words part, I just died from laughter (and pain, seeing as I got my wisdom teeth out.) This author is so real! & David Spade. Haha I had to do a doubletake because I could've sworn the author was a woman, and then I realized the joke. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Who could resist Patch? He's to drool for :P

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear from you, I promise I won't bite!