nav-home nav_about nav_reviews nav_interviews nav_features nav-contact

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Review: The Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong

THE RECKONING by Kelley Armstrong
Pub. Date: April 06, 2010
Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers
Format: Hardcover, 400pp
Age Range: Young Adult
My name is Chloe Saunders. I'm fifteen, and I would love to be normal.

But normal is one thing I'm not.

For one thing, I'm having these feelings for a certain antisocial werewolf and his sweet-tempered brother—who just happens to be a sorcerer—but, between you and me, I'm leaning toward the werewolf.

Not normal.

My friends and I are also on the run from an evil corporation that wants to get rid of us—permanently.

Definitely not normal.

And finally, I'm a genetically altered necro-mancer who can raise the dead, rotting corpses and all, without even trying.

As far away from normal as it gets.

THE RECKONING picks up where THE AWAKENING left off in which Chloe and crew have taken up in a safe house away from the Edison Group. Armstrong doesn’t waste any time throwing us right into the dangers lurking in every corner. Just when you think that Chloe and her supernatural friends are safe enough to take a breather, Armstrong throws another obstacle at this genetically altered crew.

In this installment, the teens get a chance to learn and discover more about their powers. I never knew what to expect when it came to Chloe’s powers. One minute, I’m laughing my butt off at her hiccups and the next minute, I’m scared out of my mind. The danger and excitement surrounding the powers of Chloe and her friends made for a thrilling and exciting read. I love these characters-quirks and all

Armstrong did a fantastic job wrapping up this trilogy. I couldn’t have asked for a better ending. I was highly surprised with the way things turned out in this installment. The secrets and individuals involved surrounding the Edison Group kept throwing me for a loop. You never knew who to trust.

In the final installment of this action-packed and suspenseful trilogy, I was on the edge of my seat devouring these pages. I couldn’t turn the pages fast enough! I can’t wait to see what new adventures Armstrong has in store for the new cast which will be set in the same world of this series.

Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars

32 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review! I've been wishing for The Reckoning since the last page of The Awakening. Theres going to be another installment? Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUPER excited to see what happens in this one! Great review. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read this series. I guess I'll have to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excited to read this book. I read the first two so long ago that I forgot about this one. Must go add it to the TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent review! I was a bit afraid of spoilers but I had nothing to fear :)

    I ordered The Reckoning yesterday and I'm really looking forward to receiving it and devouring it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I'm glad that you liked it, I was a bit worried that it would have a bad ending. I'm extremely happy that it doesn't! Great revie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read this series yet, but I've heard awesome things about it. Glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you liked the book, I can't wait to read it! i loved the first two :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great review!! I actually really hated the ending, though those time of endings are not my favorite. It was the same type of ending they did in another book I really loved.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is one of my favorite trilogies... Might even be my favorite. I need to get my hands on The Reckoning ASAP! Thank goodness I get paid friday. :]

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome review!

    I want to read every book she ever wrote or will write! My kind of books!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great review. Now I really, really want to read the last two books!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome review. Im drooling over the cover already.

    cindyc725 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I only have the middle book, le sigh. Skipped through the review but I see you've given it a 5 - I'll prolly get the first books to start the series then! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I read book 1 as a free read on Harper/Teen and loved it so much that I bought book 1 &2 , a great series so far.

    alterlisa AT yahoo DOT com
    http://lisaslovesbooksofcourse.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can't wait to read this! (Love that she's "leaning toward the werewolf." That is definitely my ship:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great review! Can't wait to read it! My copy should arrive by Monday. Crossing my fingers that it's on time!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great review. This sounds like a very good book. Have added to my to buy list.



    misskallie2000 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm glad this last book wraps up the trilogy well...I hate when you feel like that like book just didn't end right!

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  20. Kelley Armstrong was the first YA I've read and I enjoyed the sense of suspense she brought to the book. I have both of her Chloe books and am looking forward to the third.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am DYING to read this book! I can't find it at the bookstore in my town, have to wait until I can get to the big Chapters...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Can't wait to finally read how it all ends and how Kelley sets up her next YA trilogy! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this series and can't wait to find out what happens to Chloe and the gang.

    ReplyDelete
  24. congrats on the good review. I didn't need to read this to know I'll love this book. i've not read anything by you yet that I didn't absolutely love.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I liked your review format - short and to the point. sounds like a good read
    contestmom AT hotmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Can't wait to see what's in store for the rest of this series and the next installment. I read a couple of reviews that said the ending was a let down, but I'm glad you thought otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Superb review. I am so excited to start reading The Summoning and then move onto this one.

    dorcontest at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love your review! Now I want to read all the books in the series!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Amazing review! I really want to read this book. It sounds amazing and I am dying to know what happens next.

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear from you, I promise I won't bite!