nav-home nav_about nav_reviews nav_interviews nav_features nav-contact

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Sensational 7 Q & A with Jenny Moss!


Have you ever wanted to know what it would be like to hang out with your favorite author(s)? In an attempt to get a better understanding of authors, my Sensational Seven Q & A takes a closer or more personal look at these authors to give you a glimpse of the personalities behind the writing of your favorite books.

“Talent alone cannot make a writer. There must be a man behind the book; a personality which, by birth and quality, is pledged to the doctrines there set forth, and which exists to see and state things so, and not otherwise.” By Ralph Waldo Emerson


Jenny Moss lives in Houston and writes. Her first novel, WINNIE'S WAR, was released by Walker Books for Young Readers in Feb 2009. Her second novel, SHADOW is in stores now!

If you were given a chance to travel back in time, what year or place would you go / Why?
I'd love to visit 1920s Paris or New York - to hang with the writers of the Roaring Twenties.

Describe your novel in seven words or less?
Adventure, romance, castle intrigue, a willful girl.

Please share with us about your favorite book and fictional crush to date?
The Queen's Thief series by Megan Whalen Turner are among my favorite books. I am mad for Gen.

If you could be any character in fiction, whom would you be / Why?
It'd be helpful to borrow the wit and strength of Beatrice (from Much Ado About Nothing) for the length of a play.

If Hollywood made a movie about your life, whom would you like to see play the lead role as you/ Why?
If I could pick anyone, it'd be Audrey Hepburn - so I could pretend I looked like her.

If someone wrote a biography about you, what do you think the title should be – please explain?
Still Thinking - because I keep changing my mind.

How would you describe yourself/life in seven words?
Mom, writer, traveler, reader, dreamer, doer, friend.

Bonus:

**Is there any additional info you would like to share with your readers about what’s next for you and your books?**
I have a YA novel coming out in early 2011 with Bloomsbury/Walker, who published my first book. Stay tuned. :)


Thanks Jenny for stopping by!

For more information about Jenny Moss and her books, please visit her website here.

11 comments:

  1. Your books sound great. I would love to read them starting with Winnie's War of course.
    Great Q&A!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, she's from Houston! Yay! GO TEXANS!

    Great interview :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cover of this book! And shame on me, I'm known to buy a book for its cover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interview. Cant wait to read these books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "kings, queens, and conspiracy"

    sounds like a book right up my alley.

    alterlisa AT yahoo DOT com
    http://lisaslovesbooksofcourse.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like fantasy YA novels with romance in them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun interview! I would have a hard time titling my biography too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with her about Audrey Hepburn - her beauty is timeless!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great interview! I was going to actually start The Queen's Thief series soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. audrey hepburn was a class act - if only stars today took a page from her book....

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear from you, I promise I won't bite!