nav-home nav_about nav_reviews nav_interviews nav_features nav-contact

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Sensational 7 Q & A with Kelley Armstrong!

Have you ever wanted to know what it would be like to hang out with your favorite author(s)? In an attempt to get a better understanding of authors, my Sensational Seven Q & A takes a closer or more personal look at these authors to give you a glimpse of the personalities behind the writing of your favorite books.

“Talent alone cannot make a writer. There must be a man behind the book; a personality which, by birth and quality, is pledged to the doctrines there set forth, and which exists to see and state things so, and not otherwise.” By Ralph Waldo Emerson


Kelley Armstrong has been telling stories since before she could write. Today, she continues to spin tales of ghosts and demons and werewolves, while safely locked away in her basement writing dungeon. She's the author of the NYT-bestselling "Women of the Otherworld" paranormal suspense series and "Darkest Powers" young adult urban fantasy trilogy, as well as the Nadia Stafford crime series. Armstrong lives in southwestern Ontario with her husband, kids and far too many pets. THE RECKONING, the final installment in the Darkest Powers Series is in stores today!

If you were given a chance to travel back in time, what year or place would you go / Why?
Picking just one is tough! Let's say ancient Rome, then, probably in the time of the republic. While there are plenty of later periods I'd like to visit, if I only got one, I'd want something very different from now, so I could experience an era I've studied and can only imagine.

Describe your novel in seven words or less?
Genetically-modified supernatural teens escaping lab-rat life.

Please share with us about your favorite book and fictional crush to date?
Can't say I've ever had a fictional crush. So boring, I know. Favourite book? So hard to pick. My answer always depends on my mood, so if you search interviews with me, you'll rarely see the same one mentioned twice! Let's go with Stephen King's The Stand for this one.

If you could be any character in fiction, whom would you be / Why?
I'm so bad at these. It's like the fictional crush questions. My brain just doesn't work that way! As a reader, I love sharing a character's adventures and loves, and as a writer, I love sharing those of my characters while I'm writing. But I've never wished I had a guy from a book or was a person from a book. I'm weird, I know. I think it's because I've been reading and writing for longer than I can remember that I have a distinct disconnect between myself and characters, and never the two shall meet!

If Hollywood made a movie about your life, whom would you like to see play the lead role as you/ Why?
Some twenty-year-old gorgeous starlet who looks nothing like me, because that's probably the only way you're going to get people to watch a movie about my life

If someone wrote a biography about you, what do you think the title should be – please explain?
You're killing me here, you know. I can't even choose titles for my own books! Ummm. The Other Worlds of Kelley Armstrong, playing on the title of my adult series (the Otherworld) and the fact that I usually write about "other" (i.e. fantastical) worlds.

How would you describe yourself/life in seven words?
Having a blast, no plans to stop.


Bonus:

**Is there any additional info you would like to share with your readers about what’s next for you and your books?**.
After The Reckoning, I start a new YA trilogy set in the same world. It's new characters, but they will eventually overlap with the current ones. The first book will be out in spring 2011.

Thanks Kelley for stopping by!

For more information about Kelley Armstrong and her books, please visit her website here.

25 comments:

  1. Thanks Kelly. Your book sounds great. I'd have a hard time answering the questions too. Love that you'll be starting a new trilogy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for spring 2011! I was sad to finish The Darkest Powers series but if this new trilogy mentions Chloe and her gang... :) I love her last answer. xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh so they'll overlap. Meaning The Reckoning ending is not over. YESSSSSSSS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome interview with Kelley! I love her books and look forward to her next one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this series and the author is awesome! great interview!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love this series. Cannot wait for this one to come out.

    cindyc725 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Theres going to be another trilogy (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love how authors are doing arcs and having a new series with the familiar settings.

    alterlisa AT yahoo DOT com
    http://lisaslovesbooksofcourse.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking forward to this book and the new trilogy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So can't wait to read this! My copy is in the mail!! Very interested in the next trilogy of the books, they sound fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the great interview Kelley. I like finding out the little things authors do and how they go about their story.

    Have added you as new author and on my to buy list.

    misskallie2000 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooh..thanks for the info about the new trilogy!

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad you have more books planned. I'm enjoying Chloe's world. I also am enjoying the way your adult versions change narratives with a lot of the books, and yet, we still get more than one book with (for ex) Paige, or Eve. We get variety and continuations. It's a great way to write a series.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love Kelley and her books! Thanks for posting this interview.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't wait to read The Reckoning! Thanks for the interview, Kelley Armstrong is my favorite author of all time (I love all her books) and I'm definitely looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kelley Armstrong is one of my favourite authors and I'm so excited about the new YA series (its set in Vancouver island).

    ReplyDelete
  17. love both your adult and ya series. my 14 loves your Ya series.

    ReplyDelete
  18. huge fann. been waiting for the reckoning for a while (:

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic interview. I have read quite a few of her books and they are always enjoyable
    contestmom AT hotmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I don't see how Kelley couldn't have a literary crush. I have so many I can't even keep track.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have The Summoning and it is on my list to read. The reckoning is awesome. Great interview. You sure how know to captivate us.

    dorcontest at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really enjoyed The Summoning and I can't wait to pick up the rest in the series.

    Adele

    adeledawn2099 (at) yahoo (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for this interview! I want to read all Kelley's books!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wicked interview. I love Kelleys books.

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear from you, I promise I won't bite!