nav-home nav_about nav_reviews nav_interviews nav_features nav-contact

Monday, May 17, 2010

Monday Madness (43): Angel Star by Jennifer Murgia

What is Monday Madness?
It’s the phenomenon affecting all book lovers as we count down the hours in hopes of getting our hands on highly anticipated books on release day. So, come join me throughout the week where I will be featuring Author Interviews, Reviews and Contests for great books.

ANGEL STARby Jennifer Murgia
Pub. Date: May 2010
Publisher: Lands Atlantic Publishing
Format: Paperback, 264pp
Age Range: Young Adult

Summary (Author's Website)
Seventeen-year-old Teagan McNeel falls for captivating Garreth Adams, her guardian angel come to earth. But where there is light, dark follows, and now she is torn between one angel's sacrifice and another angel's vicious ambition that threatens not only her life, but the lives of everyone she knows.

Want More?

Here's an excerpt of ANGEL STAR courtesy of Jennifer Murgia

Prologue

I knew the moment of death was upon me. Strange how in a matter of a few days it had come to this. I realized I was shaking and that I had to work quickly before…I didn’t want to think it.

I grabbed the tiny dagger. Though deadly, the weapon I held was beautiful. Tiny etchings glinted in the gold handle, retelling the story of the Archangels’ fall from heaven, their story delicately carved into the deadly blade.

I swallowed hard. Would God accept me now?

Splinters of uncertainty swelled within me, but my mind was already made up.

Without another thought, I plunged the dagger deep into my heart, hoping my plan would work. Gasping, I lurched forward, scrambling for anything my fingers could touch. I found the curtains and brought them crashing to the ground, the rod ripping out of my wall, leaving huge gaping holes. As if mimicking those holes, the velvet night ripped itself open, rain falling to the ground in wet torrents. My eyes closed to the haze that was now enveloping me, and I lay there as the rain quickly stained the weary sky and the heavens wept for me.

Order ANGEL STAR @ Amazon & Barnes and Noble

Check out the Book trailer




Want More? Head over to The Book Butterfly on Tantalizing Tuesday for a special treat!

3 comments:

  1. OHH ANGEL STAR so awesome! Loved this book and meeting Jennifer was awesome! :) Sounds like a fun week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading this one now - it's good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard so much about this one recently. That's a great prologue. Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear from you, I promise I won't bite!