nav-home nav_about nav_reviews nav_interviews nav_features nav-contact

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Sensational 7 Q & A with Jackson Pearce!


Have you ever wanted to know what it would be like to hang out with your favorite author(s)? In an attempt to get a better understanding of authors, my Sensational Seven Q & A takes a closer or more personal look at these authors to give you a glimpse of the personalities behind the writing of your favorite books.

“Talent alone cannot make a writer. There must be a man behind the book; a personality which, by birth and quality, is pledged to the doctrines there set forth, and which exists to see and state things so, and not otherwise.” By Ralph Waldo Emerson

Jackson Pearce is twenty-five years old and currently lives in Atlanta, Georgia, with a slightly cross-eyed cat and a lot of secondhand furniture. She recently graduated from the University of Georgia with a degree in English and a minor in Philosophy. She auditioned for the circus once, but didn't make it; other jobs she's had include obituaries writer, biker bar waitress, and receptionist. In addition, Jackson coaches both colorguard and winterguard at a local high school.

Jackson began writing when she got angry that the school librarian couldn't tell her of a book that contained a smart girl, horses, baby animals, and magic. Her solution was to write the book herself when she was twelve. Her parents thought it was cute at first, but have grown steadily more concerned for her ever since. She is the author of AS YOU WISH and her current novel, SISTERS RED is in stores today!

If you were given a chance to travel back in time, what year or place would you go / Why?
I think I’d go to the early 1900’s. So much was happening there from a cultural standpoint—technology was developing and changing lives, women in the U.S. were finally standing up together for their rights, and music and fashion were both getting bolder and sexier. Not to mention the fact that some amazing people were alive back then—Mark Twain, Nikola Tesla, Thomas Edison…

Describe your novel in seven words or less?
BAM! KAPOW! WOOSH! STAB! I love you.

Please share with us about your favorite book and fictional crush to date?
Easy. Harry Potter and Harry Potter. Or maybe the Weasley twins. Or maybe Lupin. The final books in this series are ripe with sexy male characters.

If you could be any character in fiction, whom would you be / Why?
Oh, that’s tough. I think I’d like to be Katsa, from GRACELING. Awesome fighting skills, a healthy AND romantic relationship, and a grace that makes her basically indestructible. What’s not to like?

If Hollywood made a movie about your life, whom would you like to see play the lead role as you/ Why?
Samuel L. Jackson. Because we have the same name, sort of.

If someone wrote a biography about you, what do you think the title should be – please explain?
Srsly?

How would you describe yourself/life in seven words?
Books, Jokes, Videos, Colorguard, Candy, Lalala, Joy


Thanks for stopping by Jackson!

For more information about Jackson Pearce and her books, please visit her website
here.

42 comments:

  1. Jackson is priceless, loved this and love her, Sisters Red is amazing! Great interview

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun interview. She sounds like a very funny person.Looking forward to reding her book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NICE! That just made me snort. At my desk, at work. Great interview!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First time visitor lured by the appeal of Jackson Pearce.

    Very entertaining interview! Glad I was alone because I laughed out loud. Several times. Quite loudly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad I finally got a proper introduction to this book and the author Jackson Pearce. I honestly thought the author was male up to this point. I still wanted to read the book, and added to my wish list, though I had no idea much about it. I was really only introduced to the cover.

    Great Q&A!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great interview. Funny who she chose to play her in a movie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. With Jackson Pearce, I knew this interview would be crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great interview, it's fun learning random little facts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great interview. I loved the words Jackson used to describe her book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Her seven words made me laugh out loud. I can't wait to read this book!

    ReplyDelete
  11. HA that is a fun interview! I love your book description! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL! Samuel L. Jackson? Omg, too funny. I love Jackson Pearce!

    ReplyDelete
  13. BAM! KAPOW! WOOSH! STAB! I love you. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved the answer about fictional crush. You can't just pick one HP character, although I lean towards Ron Ron.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love her fictional character crush! I think it'd be cool to be Katsa as well. great interview!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would love to be Katsa! She's so fierce.

    ReplyDelete
  17. awesome interview its fun to leanr new things baout new authors

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loved the interview! And I so want to read this book!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the sense of humor! I'm looking forward to reading SISTERS RED. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have a heard a lot about Sisters red so it was really interesting to hear this interview

    ReplyDelete
  21. She looks like she really enjoys what she does. Always nice to see the authors excited about their books

    ReplyDelete
  22. She is so FUN! I love her :D!!!! Awesome interview!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Jackson is so funny! I especially love the 7 word description of her book :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I didn't know she was a fellow Georgia girl! I've been wanting to try Sisters Red.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great interview! The Weasley twins are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. That is, hands down, the best 7 word summary of a book I have ever read.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great interview! Jackson rocks & I love reading her blog!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great interview. Looking forward to the book, esp after those 7 words.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh wow! The cover looks so great!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hehe i loved this interview! very interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Haha cool interview! Jackson is funny! And I totally agree with hr about Harry Potter haha~

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks for posting this interview! Jackson sounds like a nice person!

    ReplyDelete
  33. LOL I love Jackson. She always makes me laugh.

    And she'll have to fight me for Harry Potter. And Lupin. ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hahahaha, that was such a great interview!!! I love that she would choose to be Katsa from Graceling (and I agree... she's pretty damn awesome!)

    ReplyDelete
  35. lol Samuel L. Jackson awesomee ! I would totally pick a guy to play me too hahah. wonderful interview~

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love Jackson Pearce! Have you seen her youtube account? So awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Haha, Jackson Pierce has a great sense of humor. That was a really interesting interview. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Great interview....but then all author interviews are great! I love her humour, and would really look forward to reading her book. Winning it would be even better! terrymac

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear from you, I promise I won't bite!