nav-home nav_about nav_reviews nav_interviews nav_features nav-contact

Sunday, May 10, 2009

In My Mailbox (4)


Wings by Aprilynne Pike
Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers
Pub. Date: May 2009
Age Range: 12
294pp

Synopsis
Laurel was mesmerized, staring at the pale things with wide eyes. They were terrifyingly beautiful—too beautiful for words.

Laurel turned to the mirror again, her eyes on the hovering petals that floated beside her head. They looked almost like wings.

In this extraordinary tale of magic and intrigue, romance and danger, everything you thought you knew about faeries will be changed forever.


I've been waiting on this, I've heard great things and can't wait to get started.



Season by Sarah MacLean
Publisher: Scholastic, Inc.
Pub. Date: March 2009
Age Range: 12
352pp

Synopsis
Seventeen year old Lady Alexandra is strong-willed and sharp-tongued -- in a house full of older brothers and their friends, she had to learn to hold her own. Not the best makings for an aristocratic lady in Regency London. Yet her mother still dreams of marrying Alex off to someone safe, respectable, and wealthy. But between ball gown fittings, dances, and dinner parties, Alex, along with her two best friends, Ella and Vivi, manages to get herself into what may be her biggest scrape yet.

When the Earl of Blackmoor is mysteriously killed, Alex decides to help his son, the brooding and devilishly handsome Gavin, uncover the truth. But will Alex's heart be stolen in the process? In an adventure brimming with espionage, murder, and other clandestine affairs, who could possibly have time to worry about finding a husband? Romance abounds as this year's season begins!


I've heard a lot of people talking about this one and wanted to give it a try.

15 comments:

  1. I've read mixed reviews about Seasons. Hope you enjoy them both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wings and The Season? You scored some big titles and I can't wait to read your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to read The Season, it's sounds brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome week, Wings sounds like a really good book. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had a great week with both books. I enjoyed Wings, it was little slow at first but really grew on me. The Season was also very good. I loved those regency romances and it had a bit of mystery and murder in it also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both books look good. I got Wings this week too. I hope you like them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh, I think Wings looks like a great book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wings sounds so good! I look forward to your review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh nice week. I really enjoyed Wings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wings looks like a good book and I love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both fantastic books!! Hope you enjoy them! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice week. I really want to read Wings as well.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to read both of those books! =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm looking forward to your thoughts on Wings

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear from you, I promise I won't bite!