nav-home nav_about nav_reviews nav_interviews nav_features nav-contact

Sunday, October 18, 2009

In My Mailbox (24)


These are my books from the last 2 weeks.

Fire by Kristin Cashore
Pub. Date: October 2009
Publisher: Penguin Group (USA)
Format: Hardcover, 480pp
Age Range: 12 and up

Synopsis
She is the last of her kind...

It is not a peaceful time in the Dells. In King City, the young King Nash is clinging to the throne, while rebel lords in the north and south build armies to unseat him. War is coming. And the mountains and forest are filled with spies and thieves. This is where Fire lives, a girl whose beauty is impossibly irresistible and who can control the minds of everyone around her.

Exquisitely romantic, this companion to the highly praised Graceling has an entirely new cast of characters, save for one person who plays a pivotal role in both books. You don't need to have read Graceling to love Fire. But if you haven't, you'll be dying to read it next.



The Van Alen Legacy by Melissa De La Cruz
  • Check out my review here
Hush, Hush (signed) by Becca Fitzpatrick
  • Check out my review here
Dawnbreaker by Jocelyn Drake
Pub. Date: September 2009
Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers
Format: Mass Market Paperback, 384pp

Synopsis
The dawn brings new terror for the creatures of the night . . .
Those of her race fear Mira for the lethal fire she bends to her will—a power unique among nightwalkers, both a gift . . . and a curse.

The naturi despise Mira for what she is—as they prepare the final sacrifice that will destroy the barriers between the worlds. And once the naturi are unchained, blood, chaos, and horror will reign supreme on Earth.

Mira can trust only Danaus, the more-than-mortal vampire slayer, though he is sworn to destroy her kind. And now, as the day approaches when titanic forces will duel under cover of darkness, destiny draws them toward an apocalyptic confrontation at Machu Picchu. But all is not lost, for a wild card has been dealt to them: a rogue enemy princess who can change the balance of power and turn the dread tide.


In My Mailbox was created by Kristi @ The Story Siren and inspired by Alea @ Pop Culture Junkie

14 comments:

  1. Ooh, I want to get my hands on Fire so badly.

    Hush, Hush is a great read :D

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great books! I'm in the middle of Hush, Hush. I'm loving it so far.

    Enjoy! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great books you got this week. I cannot wait to read Fire and The Van Alen Legacy. Hope you enjoy reading all your fantastic books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fire is great!
    Hope you are enjoying all of your books
    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just dropping by to let you know that you've been featured in my Weekly Wrap-Up. You can check out the post by clicking here

    ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What excellent books. I myself am waiting for my UK copies of Fire and Graceling to show up. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice week. Fire is in my TBR pile and I can't wait to read it! Hope you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great bunch of books! I loved Hush Hush and Fire so much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm in the middle of fire and I think it will be one of my favorite books ever by the time I am done with it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you scored some great books this week, happy reading

    Tena

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to read Hush, Hush soooo badly! It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you like Fire! I'm just about to start it :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hush Hush and Fire both look fab!!

    Here's mine: http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2009/10/media-monday_19.html

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear from you, I promise I won't bite!